This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Director of Media Ministries
North Point Church
Springfield, Missouri, United States
Date Posted: 08/10/2009
Church Size: 3001 to 4000
Job Type: Full-Time
We are currently seeking an energetic and creative Director of Media Ministries (DMM). The DMM serves as the liaison between the Technical Staff and the Worship staff, church administration, and volunteers. This position has a direct report to the Worship and Creative Arts Director. It is the responsibility of the DMM to ensure that all venues have the highest quality video, lighting, and audio possible. The DMM’s primary objective is to create an atmosphere conducive to worship and quality communication.
• Manage and assist in producing all video projects for services and Internet. This includes assigning and resourcing project coordinators (paid and volunteer), driving quality control, and ensuring deadlines are met.
• Build and lead team of volunteers in all venues of worship~ main, student, and family theater~ while providing a positive experience for the volunteers.
• Supervise full-time Media staff.
• Provide expertise and training for technical volunteers.
• Maintain and service equipment.
• Manage the use of all technology in the worship service: Video, Audio, Camera-Operators, Lighting, and Special Effects.
• Managing the volunteer schedule, ensuring that all events and services are properly staffed with qualified, well-trained operators.
• Drive creative process behind video production with highly themed services.
• Manage the installation of technical equipment for a new satellite campus.
• Proven experience in managing and leading Media Ministries for large churches.
• Proven experience planning and producing events of various sizes.
• Proven experience recruiting large teams of volunteers.
• Proven experience producing video projects.
• Ability to work in rapidly changing, fast-paced environments while maintaining a positive attitude.
• Understanding of video editing programs/systems, including Final Cut Pro, Motion, and Adobe After Effects.
• Creative with cutting edge video production that has a modern look.
• Understanding of video projection systems.
• Broad understanding of Technical Ministries.
• Ability to make decisions in time-sensitive, live productions.
• Knowledge of producing video for various online channels such as YouTube and iTunes.
• Experience and ability to think creatively and be an active contributor in the planning sessions and production meetings. Bring a willingness to collaborate on teaching series ideas and creative implementation of those ideas.
• Eye for detail.
• The schedule is flexible, given the nature of the job. Occasional evenings required, depending on video shoot schedule. Required to be at all five weekend services~ Saturdays 5:30 and Sundays 8:30, 10, 11:30, and 1.
Standards of Conduct:
As a North Point Church team member, you are expected to be supportive of leadership, have a servant’s heart and positive attitude and look for ways to change lives.
Please send resume, salary requirements, and current video/design samples to email@example.com.