This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Contemporary, Nurturing Pastor
Sunrise Community Church
GeorgeTown, Cayman Islands, Cayman Islands
Date Posted: 08/09/2009
Categories: Senior Pastor
Church Size: 151 to 250
Job Type: Full-Time
SUNRISE COMMUNITY CHURCH PASTOR SEARCH
Sunrise Community Church is a COMMUNITY Church in every sense of the word. We welcome anyone from any religious background and strive to engage the nonchurched to the most knowledgeable theologian.
• SCC is a vibrant Non-Denominational church with a specific vision of how we are called to live out our faith in this time and place.
• SCC believes in utilizing small groups to help us grow in faith and love, and to reach out to the unchurched and unsaved.
• SCC has a large, core leadership team who work together in submission to each other.
• SCC has a contemporary worship style.
• We are outreach orientated.
What SCC is looking for in a Pastor:
• We are looking for pastor who is flexible and able to work as part of a team of leaders.
• Our pastor needs to be able to encourage the development of faith and a Christ like character in others.
• Someone with a heart for outreach.
• A pastor with an understanding of how the gifts of the Spirit work in today’s church.
• An approachable Pastor who is able to listen to others and offer spiritual guidance to the congregation.
What SCC is NOT looking for in a Pastor:
• According scripture, the term Pastor is plural, not singular, meaning there are to be many Pastors in the church, and Pastors are to submit to God appointed elders and deacons of the Church, as we are to submit to one another. We are not looking for a dictatorship style Pastor, rather a pastor who will shepherd, guide, lead and teach us.
First and foremost, the pastor will provide leadership to further articulate and implement the mission & vision of the congregation (Sunrise Community Church) and will provide for the teaching and shepherding of the congregation as a servant leader.
These are defined in three distinct areas of focus. These are:
a) Worship: A group of people coming together to praise and glorify God.
b) Nurture: The collective activity of the church, involving educational and caring components to foster growth in the grace and knowledge of Jesus Christ.
c) Outreach: All the points where our congregation interacts with the local island community or global community to do the Lord's work.
a) Meets the qualifications of an Pastor (1Tim 3:8-13; Titus 1:6-9) and has a growing personal relationship with God through Jesus Christ.
1 Timothy 3:8-13 (NIV) 8Deacons, likewise, are to be men worthy of respect, sincere, not indulging in much wine, and not pursuing dishonest gain. 9They must keep hold of the deep truths of the faith with a clear conscience. 10They must first be tested; and then if there is nothing against them, let them serve as deacons. 11In the same way, their wives[a] are to be women worthy of respect, not malicious talkers but temperate and trustworthy in everything. 12A deacon must be the husband of but one wife and must manage his children and his household well. 13Those who have served well gain an excellent standing and great assurance in their faith in Christ Jesus.
Titus 1:6-9 6An elder must be blameless, the husband of but one wife, a man whose children believe and are not open to the charge of being wild and disobedient. 7Since an overseer[a] is entrusted with God's work, he must be blameless—not overbearing, not quick-tempered, not given to drunkenness, not violent, not pursuing dishonest gain. 8Rather he must be hospitable, one who loves what is good, who is self-controlled, upright, holy and disciplined. 9He must hold firmly to the trustworthy message as it has been taught, so that he can encourage others by sound doctrine and refute those who oppose it.
b) Is physically, emotionally, and mentally able to fulfill the duties assigned.
c) Has experience as a spiritual leader.
d) Has a compelling desire to lead people to faith in Christ and on to spiritual maturity.
e) Has solid Bible based knowledge and foundation in the word of God.
f) Demonstrates strong planning and coordinating abilities.
g) Demonstrates ability to be a servant leader committed to working as part of a team.
a) Preach and teach the Word of God.
b) Regular planning of worship services.
c) Pastoral prayer.
d) Call people to a decision for Christ.
e) Nurture new believers in faith.
f) Serve on the worship committee, helping to plan and carry out special worship activities of the congregation as well as inter-church events.
g) Work to foster the spiritual development of the congregation.
h) Visitation of the members of the congregation in order to maintain spiritual well-being.
i) Pastoral and crisis counseling (i.e. marriage counseling, bereavement, baptism)
j) Support and be part of congregational outreach activities.
k) Represent the congregation in local ministerial activities.
l) Maintain conference ties within local community.
m) Administrative duties as in SCC guidelines.
n) Lead worship team and worship music during service.
a) Energetic and enthusiastic.
b) Ability to relate to people of all ages.
c) Ability to preach and teach God's Word in a relevant and meaningful manner.
V. Personal Growth:
a) Seek opportunities to present the gospel and lead others toward maturity.
b) Maintain a regular practice of personal/family worship.
c) Seek to be continually growing in Christ-likeness by study and prayer.
• A modest salary- Please send us a cover letter with salary requirement to email@example.com
• A chance to make a difference.
• An opportunity to be involved in the early stages of a church’s life.
• A chance to work with a group of unified but diverse Christians.
• A chance to reach out to the Cayman Islands in a new way.
• To be integral in helping others reach their potential of Christian growth and service.