This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Director of Youth, Young Adult, and Contemporary Worship Ministries
St. Mark's UMC
Cedar Rapids, Iowa, United States
Date Posted: 08/08/2009
Categories: Youth Pastor
Denominations: United Methodist
Church Size: 151 to 250
Job Type: Full-Time
As part of St. Mark’s mission ‘to love God and people, as we make disciples of Jesus Christ, for the transformation of the world,’ this staff person provides leadership for youth, young adults, and contemporary worship ministries with desired outcomes including:
• Youth and young adults entering into a saving relationship with Jesus Christ;
• Youth and young adults experiencing the presence, power, and passion of Christ in Spirit-filled fellowship, small groups, ministry, mission and gathered worship;
• Youth and young adults becoming faithful, spiritually mature followers of Jesus Christ who are hearing God’s call, finding their spiritual gifts, and sharing their faith in Christ;
• An increasing number of people being equipped for ministry leadership with youth and young adults.
Responsibilities include such things as:
• To participate in shaping, expanding, and responding to a God-sized vision for reaching out to and welcoming our multi-cultural neighborhood through ministry with youth (middle school and high school) and young adults (post high school to 30+, including both career and college focused young adults) in both the church and the community;
• To develop and direct programming and ministries for youth and young adults including worship, small groups, ministry, mission and fellowship opportunities;
• To provide leadership for Praise Bands and the leading of contemporary worship experiences by working with the pastors and others in areas such as service development, music selection and preparation, creation of weekly PowerPoint presentations, sound, and other creative ministries (video, drama, etc.).