This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Middle School Pastor
Christ Fellowship Church
Palm Beach Gardens, Florida, United States
Date Posted: 07/29/2009
Categories: Youth Pastor
Church Size: over 10000
Job Type: Full-Time
To apply for this position you need to have a personal and growing relationship with Jesus Christ, agree with our statement of faith and core values, complete our Get in the Game 101 class, and sign a Membership Covenant.
Once you’ve met this requirement, please complete an application found in our website at www.gochristfellowship.com and fax it along with your resume to the attention of Human Resources at 561-622-8445.
The Middle School Pastor overseas all aspects of Middle School ministries at the Royal Palm campus, primarily on large group services, evangelistic events, outreach, small group Bible studies and discipleship. Position acts as supervisor for any paid and volunteer Middle School ministry staff members. Reports to the Campus Pastor and the Core Director of Student Ministries. This is a 6-day position.
A college graduate with a degree in student ministry or related field with at least 5 years experience in student ministries. Possess excellent leadership, public speaking/teaching and interpersonal skills. Have a high degree of creativity and a heart for leading young people.
• Must be able to relate well with staff, parents, and students.
• Must be a flexible and teachable team player.
• Must be able to manage the ministry and staff by utilizing highly developed communication (written and verbal), project management, and time management and collaboration skills.
• Must be able to verbally communicate scripture and Biblical principles effectively through weekly teaching and preaching.
• Demonstrates the ability to perform high quality work with minimum supervision within assigned deadlines.
• Demonstrates the ability to think strategically while staying focused on the accomplishment of current departmental priorities.
• Able to handle confidential matters and material with excellence.
• Oversee all Middle School services which includes teaching up to 90% of the time; coordinating all logistical aspects of ministry which include set up and tear down, scheduling and programming and worship.
• Identify and organize student leaders.
• Supervise lay leader through communication, organization, recruitment; placement and training.
• Assist with the music and worship aspects of student ministries.
• Support parents of students by addressing concerns; educating; and through family care and counseling.
• Select, mentor and equip Middle School interns.
• Prepare and maintain a ministry budget
• Organize and participate in on-campus Bible clubs and Christian organizations.
• Supervise lay leaders through communication, organization, recruitment; placement and training.
• Create and organize small group curriculum for various student ministries campuses.
• Plan and initiate monthly outreach and fellowships activities.
• Other duties as assigned.