This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Faith Urban Works Executive Director
Faith Christian Fellowship
Baltimore, Maryland, United States
Date Posted: 07/23/2009
Denominations: Presbyterian -- PCA
Church Size: 351 to 500
Job Type: Full-Time
Faith Urban Works
Reports To: Faith Urban Works Board
Position Status Full Time Salaried
This position provides executive leadership of Faith Urban Works and develops and implements key donor strategies and income development programs for the outreach ministries of Faith Christian Fellowship. The position will support and promote the vision and mission of Faith Urban Works and ensure that related strategic goals are developed and executed. Fund raising and donor development will be a critical function of this role.
The Executive Director will also ensure that the organization has a long-range strategy which achieves its mission, and makes consistent and timely progress towards its goals.
• A strategic leader and thinker with the gift of leadership.
• At least five years of proven development experience.
• Ability to effectively communicate the vision and mission of FUW and FCF, both in writing and verbally.
• Ability to handle appropriately confidential information in a careful and secure manner.
• Ability to work well with other executive leaders and key ministry partners.
• Demonstrated organizational and administrative skills working within a business office, including supervising the work of others.
• Basic office computer skills (i.e., Word, Publishing, Excel, etc.)
• Professes an active faith in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior and is willing to become a member of Faith Christian Fellowship and subscribe to the doctrines of the Presbyterian Church in America.
Job Responsibilities and Duties
As Executive Director of Faith Urban Works, the Executive Director will report to the Board of Directors and be responsible for FUW executing its mission and meeting its financial objectives.
As a new position for FUW the Executive Director will have the following roles:
• Provide leadership in developing program, organizational and financial plans with the Board of Directors and staff, and execute plans and policies to meet FUW’s long range strategies and goals.
• Promote active and broad participation by volunteers in all areas of the organization's work.
• Maintain a working knowledge of significant developments and trends in the field.
• See that the board is kept fully informed on the condition of the organization and all important factors influencing it.
• Publicize the activities of the organization, its programs and goals.
• Establish sound working relationships and cooperative arrangements with community groups and organizations.
• Acts as “chief fundraiser” for FUW by providing direction and oversight for the securing of all external funding through churches, individuals, businesses and foundations, and cultivating missional relationships with donors strategic to ministry support.
• Oversees donor communication such as newsletters, appeals, receipt devices, and contribution statements. Also oversees maintaining donor records.
• Oversees the research, preparation, and submission of appropriate grant requests.
• Oversees strategic events throughout the year that acquire and cultivate donors as well as produce revenue.
• Supervises, recruits, trains and develops staff for FUW and its ministries (BCS and PLAN) in conjunction with the Board.
• Maintain various organizational records such as board minutes, employee files, policies and procedures, financial reports, etc.
• Single point of contact for all communication issues regarding outreach efforts.
• Participates and attends regular meetings of the FUW Board, along with Staff and FCF meetings when needed.
Information Technology /Data Management
• Works with the FCF business manager to insure the proper management and administration of FUW IT infrastructures and FUW data bases.
• Makes sure the BCS and FUW websites are maintained properly and communicate the vision and mission of the organizations with excellence.
Finance / Budget
• Supports the Board in developing and financial budgets and plans.
• Maintains financial records of spending by organization and category.
• Prepares monthly financial reports for the Board.
Please submit applications to Helen Brown – email@example.com