This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Worship/Creative Arts Leader
Rejoice! Community Church
Le Mars, Iowa, United States
Date Posted: 07/22/2009
Categories: Worship Pastor
Church Size: 151 to 250
Job Type: Part-Time
Creative Arts/Worship Staffer
Specific Ministry Description
Rejoice! Community Church - LeMars, IA
712-548-4430 or firstname.lastname@example.org
The Creative Arts/Worship Staffer is called to oversee and implement the overall plan for worship at Rejoice! Community Church. According to our Rejoice! value, worship will be God-directed, Christ-inspired, Holy Spirit led, and life transforming. S/he will communicate a vision and direction that will inspire and lead the congregation to participate in genuine worship – both in a corporate gathering and in a personal lifestyle of worship.
• Bring worship leaders and the congregation into active worship on a weekly basis rather than putting on a performance and entertaining a crowd.
• Build, equip, support and care for vocal and instrumental teams.
• Train and deploy musicians for making music in the mission field.
• Seek out new music and stay focused on new worship trends to keep worship edgy and culturally relevant while also incorporating ancient-future elements.
• Administrate rehearsals and schedules for instrumental and praise teams.
• Creatively incorporate multi-media, technology, and other methods into worship celebrations (i.e.: video, images,
symbols, signing, testimonies, Spiritual direction exercises…)
• Oversee and equip a drama team.
• Oversee and equip a video/dvd team.
• Oversee creation/transportation of video/dvd for local cable channel.
• Oversee and equip a production and sound team.
• Make desired lighting, stage and worship center needs known to appropriate teams before the Sunday service.
• Oversee and equip worship computerization team, which includes graphics and PowerPoint/Media Shout.
The Creative Process:
• Produce the weekly worship service in creative and engaging ways to lead the church in God-directed, Christ-inspired, Holy Spirit led, and life transforming worship. From dreaming the design to creating the elements and making the handoff to the appropriate teams for implementation, creates a synergistic worship flow that supports and enhances the theme of the worship celebration.
• Spiritually lead and cultivate teams under your direction as small group communities.
• Oversee the administrative duties of the creative arts/worship ministry (CCLI and CVLI upkeep, music resource maintenance, storage of worship supplies, etc.)
• Prepare and oversee an annual creative arts/worship budget. Collaborate with Business Administrator.
• Assist with all aspects of services (prayer, communion, baptism) as needed.
• Establish and maintain a worship evaluation process.
• Develop and maintain current job descriptions for every ministry area within Creative Arts/Worship ministry.
• Birthing additional worship venues amidst and beyond Rejoice!
• Have a passion to reach out the harvest and go to the lost with His Good News!
Note: The above duties are not intended to be an all-inclusive list. The ministry at Rejoice! is a team ministry. Therefore, additional duties may be assigned from time to time as emergencies, growth, and other situations dictate.