This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Pastor of Worship Ministries
LaCrosse, Wisconsin, United States
Date Posted: 07/21/2009
Categories: Worship Pastor
Denominations: Evangelical Free
Church Size: 751 to 1000
Job Type: Full-Time
PASTOR OF WORSHIP MINISTRIES
This person is responsible for overseeing the Worship Ministry of Bethany Evangelical Free Church.
1. Growing, mature Christian who has a visible and intimate walk with Jesus Christ.
2. Must have Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees in related field(s) and/or seeking a seminary degree.
3. Has 2-3 years experience in worship ministry, program design, and implementation in blended and contemporary worship
settings as well as Pastoral experience.
4. Proven ability to recruit, lead, motivate, equip, manage and build relationships with volunteers.
5. Proven organizational and administrative skills.
6. Desired spiritual gifts in the areas of teaching and encouragement.
7. Able to endorse and support the Church Statement of Faith as documented in the Bethany Constitution and By-laws.
The Pastor of Worship is responsible for the overall leadership, design and implementation of Bethany Church’s worship ministry for adults and a consultant for all other worship and music related activities in the life of the church.
1. Communicate philosophy, vision, and goals of the worship ministry to the church body and the volunteer ministry staff.
2. Develop and direct all worship services and special services partnering/teaming with Pastoral Staff toward total worship
environment in the Worship Center.
3. Provide spiritual and musical leadership and development for instrumental, vocal, media and technical elements of the
4. Recruit, train and schedule instrumentalists, vocalists, media personnel and technicians for worship services.
5. Oversee and direct any additional worship ministry teams (drama, special music, choir, etc.)
6. Oversee the selection of music for all special music.
7. Oversee rehearsals for worship services.
8. Secure proper copyright clearances and all legal aspects of the worship ministry.
9. Encourage high standards of spiritual commitment and musical excellence in volunteers.
10. Oversee the repair and tuning of all church musical instruments.
11. Oversee the Worship Ministry budget.
OTHER PASTORAL DUTIES
3. Pulpit fill
Reports to the Senior Pastor
Work as a “team” with the rest of the Staff