This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Audio Technician (part time)
Good Shepherd Church
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
Date Posted: 07/17/2009
Categories: Non-ministry Jobs
Denominations: United Methodist
Church Size: 2001 to 2500
Job Type: Part-Time
Good Shepherd United Methodist Church, www.gsumc.org is a modern, evangelical congregation located in suburban Charlotte, North Carolina.
Started in 1991, the church currently averages over 1500 people in its three Sunday worship services. Good Shepherd is known throughout the region for its innovative worship, broad outreach, and racially & ethnically diverse population.
The church is housed in a spacious campus featuring over 50,000 square feet of space. Its location makes it convenient to worshippers from York County, South Carolina in addition to the entirety of Charlotte itself.
Good Shepherd UMC is looking to hire a qualified and experienced part time Audio Technician. We emphasize audio quality, so our sound system is state of the art. Our primary style of music is modern rock. Below is a list of expectations for this position.
The average work week is about 13 hours, ranging up to 20 hours based on needs. This person will report to the Music and Worship Pastor.
Weekly Responsibilities (11-18 hours)
• Performs live audio mixing for 3 Sunday morning worship services and Thursday night rehearsal (8 hours)
• Uploads message from weekend service to website (1 hour)
• Setup and teardown of stage based on requirements given by Worship Pastor (2-8 hours)
• Provide technical assistance to other worship venues as needed on Sunday Morning(1 hour)
Occasional Responsibilities (3-8 hours a month)
• Perform live audio mixing for funerals and weddings when needed
• Perform live audio mixing the first Monday of the month for Healing Services (2 hours)
• Perform live audio mixing the first Saturday of the month for First Serve events (1 hour)
• Assist Worship Pastor in maintenance and installation of AV equipment
• Perform live audio for special events (Children’s programs, Vacation Bible School, Seminars, conferences, etc.)
• Provide training for volunteers
Pay Rate: $18-20/hr
Send resume or inquire to