This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Pastor of Next Generation
Dayton, Ohio, United States
Date Posted: 07/16/2009
Categories: Youth Pastor
Church Size: 351 to 500
Job Type: Full-Time
Pastor of Next Generation
The Gathering is a place “Where Grace and People Meet”. We began our journey about 2 ½ years ago committed to helping imperfect people connect with a perfect God. We are a non-denominational church. We love our God, our contemporary worship and our coffee! Small groups are the heart of who we are as a church body. Have you heard that you can’t do life alone? Well, we agree.
Students are extremely important to our church. Teenagers are all over the place these days; both physically and mentally. They want to connect, they ask tough questions, they want answers, and they are looking for fun and lots of it! That’s where you come in. If you have the passion, experience and leadership, send us your resume!
1. Loves the Lord and is growing deeper with Him through personal disciplines.
2. You love students, they love you and you believe Student ministry is your
1. 3 – 5 years experience in student ministry.
2. Comprehensive knowledge of the Word through Bible school or Seminary
3. Immersed in the rapidly changing, technology-driven youth culture.
4. Can create a dynamic program of activities that are engaging, that build
community and attracts both churched and un-churched youth.
5. Demonstrates the ability to develop relevant Christ-centered teaching.
6. Has a vision for worship in ministry and knows how to implement it.
7. Encourages and believes in small groups as a way to grow toward Christ,
community and others
1. Can create a vision for students and sees it through to completion.
2. Challenges and involves students within and outside of church walls.
3. Recruits, trains and empowers lay leaders to build an effective ministry team.
4. Partners with parents using consistent, effective two-way communication.
5. Strong in organization and planning.
6. Believes in and works well in a team.
1. Understands the authority of Scripture and is obedient and accountable to God
as revealed in the Bible.
2. Serves as an integral member of the pastoral staff, reporting to the Lead
3. Seeks continual improvement, professional development and invites feedback.
4. Can embrace the vision of The Gathering, a Place Where Grace and People
Meet and makes the student ministry an integral part the church.
Please respond with your resume and references to firstname.lastname@example.org. E-mails only please no phone calls.