This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Student Ministries Pastor
The People's Church
Franklin, Tennessee, United States
Date Posted: 07/14/2009
Categories: Youth Pastor
Denominations: Baptist --SBC
Church Size: 3001 to 4000
Job Type: Full-Time
The People’s Church is seeking a proven leader of Student Ministries for our Franklin Campus. This person would work in a highly collaborative environment across campuses to develop and execute the vision and ministry targeting students 6th -12th grades with specific responsibilities to champion High School Students. This person would report to the NextGen Pastor, who oversees all ministries from birth to young adult on all campuses.
Responsibilities would include…
• Lead Students to know Christ and grow in Christ.
• Creatively teach (large group, small group) toward specific spiritual objectives;
• Develop systems of connection with students new to the TPC;
• Champion offsite, relationally driven learning/growing environments.
• Foster partnership with parents toward the spiritual development of their students.
• Plan, organize, & oversee events, camps, retreats in a multisite context.
• Participate in creating outreach/missions experiences via the Outreach arm of TPC.
• Recruit, train and cultivate a strong adult leadership base.
• Network with other area student ministries toward sharing best practices.
• Project & manage an annual ministry budgets and timelines.
Vocational and Personal Qualifications:
• Personal health & maturity with an integrated knowledge of Biblical principles for ministry & leadership.
• 3+ years experience of fruitful student ministry in a church of 1,000 or more.
• Experience developing ministry partnerships with parents.
• Educational minimum: undergraduate degree.
• Motivated relationally-driven leader of leaders with initiative, and creativity.
• Positive, team player who is as ready to learn as to teach.
The People’s Church is based out of Franklin, TN with a campus in Spring Hill, TN and envisions planting several more campuses over the next years. Average attendance is 3,500, drawing families with children from the very creative, young population base in the regions south of Nashville/Brentwood.
Please send resume and cover letter via email to Steve@ThePeoplesChurch.org. Please include personal and professional references. No phone calls, please.