First Presbyterian Church of Berkeley
NON-EXEMPT POSITION DESCRIPTION
Children’s Ministries Administrative Assistant
(20 hours/week, benefits)
The primary purpose of this position is to provide administrative and clerical support to the Children’s Ministries Staff. This position also provides administrative and project support for children’s choirs.
Position available immediately. Deadline to apply: July 31, 2009. For more information, or to apply, contact Bonnie Rauscher at (510) 848-6252 ext. 230 or email@example.com. NOTE: If you have applied for a position with us (including completing our application form, available at www.fpcberkeley.org) more recently than April 1, 2009, and want to be considered for this position, please email Bonnie; you do not need to resubmit your resume and application.
• Compile and maintain a chronological planning and tracking system for all events pertaining to children
• Organization: Follow an orderly approach to handling work, i.e. set priorities, make necessary adjustments to ensure work distribution and completion. Ensure timely communication with Directors regarding project status and competing deadlines. Maintain an orderly work environment and filing system.
• Produce and mail/distribute documents including correspondence and brochures.
• Manage birthday, get well, thank you, baptism and new baby protocols.
• Create, edit and distribute communication regarding events, procedures and protocol to our constituency including electronic monthly newsletters, flyers, signage, emails, bulletin boards and website
• Create weekly Children’s Worship Guide
• Remain knowledgeable about the departments, curricula, ministries and events; initiate and answer emails and phone calls
• Send out reminders / make phone calls to teachers, children’s choir leaders and families
• Create and send Welcome Packets
• Work closely with database manager to keep contacts current and accurate
• Oversee implementation of new church administrative procedures
• Attend regular Administrative Staff meetings, weekly staff devotions and staff lunch, program calendaring and other meetings as requested
• Manage job descriptions, child care policy and revisions, meeting minutes as assigned
Special Event/Project Support
• Manage department calendars in concert with other departments to avoid conflicts
• Make room reservations and room set-up requests for ongoing and special events
• Manage RSVPs for events
• Special projects as requested
• Use the Shelby database to manage all aspects of program membership, including adding new children, attendance, rosters, mailings, email and reports
• Responsible for check requests, deposits, reimbursement requests, credit card receipts and statements, for Children’s Ministries program staff and volunteers
• Provide non-teaching classroom support (e.g. forms, nametags, ordering and managing materials and supplies, schedules); assist in classroom set up as needed
• Maintain current records and forms for all children and volunteers including registrations, attendance records, rosters and event sign-in sheets.
• Create choir programs and posters
• Order music for choirs; organize and update music library
• Organize and compile volunteer education and training materials
• Develop and maintain forms
• Edit and compile volunteer manuals
• Order stamps and office supplies as needed
• Provide occasional receptionist break and lunch relief
• Other duties as requested
Desired Skill Set:
• Personal faith in Jesus Christ
• Ability to strategically organize work coming from multiple staff members
• Attention to detail
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Self directed in work and proactive in requesting information and following up on schedules and projects, with an ability to connect events and foresee and handle a “domino effect”
• Ability to focus on and complete routine tasks reliably and to a high standard
• Ability to understand and interpret financial data and produce simple spreadsheets for tracking purposes
• Ability to maintain complete confidentiality regarding any personal information
• Possess a thorough understanding and command of equipment used, i.e., telephone system, photocopiers, laminators, and scanners.
• Competence in: Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Adobe Acrobat, Internet Explorer, Photoshop, as well as familiarity with at least one database program. Experience with Dream Weaver and webpage development preferred. Eager and able to learn new software applications and willing to apply advanced features of applications already learned.
• Desire to support and minister to children and families
• 2-4 years administrative experience
Schedule: 20 hours scheduled during Monday -Friday 8:30 – 5:00
Some weekend and evening meetings and responsibilities as scheduled ahead
Reports to: Director of Early Childhood Ministries
Director of Elementary School Ministries
Director of Music Ministries
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
PowerPoint Ministries Customer Service Coordinator & Administrative AssistantPrestonwood Baptist Church
- Plano, Texas
- December 6
PastorThe Shepherd's Staff
- Anywhere, Texas
- November 29
Church SecretaryNew Hope Baptist Church
- Denver, Colorado
- November 25
Director of Care Assistant/Celebration of Life CoordinatorCornerstone Fellowship
- Livermore, California
- October 22
Teacher, Pastor, Missionary, StaffOlive International School
- August 23
First Presbyterian Church
We are a community thoughtfully engaged in our faith, embracing people of all ages, ethnicities, backgrounds, and circumstances. This is a place where questions can be asked, honest reflection is encouraged, creativity is cultivated, and where faith is not a formula, but a life lived. We seek to be engaged locally and around the world, to listen and to learn, to embody justice and compassion, and to share the love of Jesus Christ in tangible ways as we journey together. More...