This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Director of Counseling
Doorway of Hope
Dixon, Illinois, United States
Date Posted: 07/12/2009
Church Size: 151 to 250
Job Type: Full-Time
DIRECTOR OF COUNSELING
The Director of Counseling will manage the daily operational and fiscal activities of the department. Plan, develop, and deploy systems and procedures to improve the operating quality and efficiency of the ministry of Doorway of Hope. Coordinate with existing community programs. Supervise staff in accordance with the ministry policies and procedures and will be responsible for recruiting, training, and coaching support staff.
The present position will begin with about a 50% director and a 50% primary counselor and evolve into a full time Director as the client load demands.
The director reports directly to the president and bi-annually to the full Doorway of Hope Board of directors.
1. Direct the operational and fiscal activities of the ministry to include: staffing levels, budgets, and financial goals.
2. Plan, develop, and deploy counseling and life skills training systems and procedures to improve the operating
quality and efficiency of the ministry.
3. Analyze and document system processes and problems and develop solutions to enhance efficiencies.
4. Recruit and train a sufficient staff to materialize the ministry vision of Doorway of Hope.
5. Direct staff in the development, analysis, and preparation of excellent record keeping and reporting.
6. Schedule and Supervise staff in accordance with ministry policies and procedures.
7. Establish employee goals and conduct employee performance reviews.
8. Schedule and conduct information/coordination staff meetings.
9. Responsible to meet ministry productivity and quality goals.
10. Communicate with the Board of directors on all ministry developments and operations.
11. Develop and complete resource paperwork.
12. Attend and assist with various fundraising events
13. Other duties as assigned.
1. Establish Doorway of Hope into an integral part of the community.
2. Proactively coordinate with existing community programs.
3. Continue to focus the effectiveness of the ministry of Doorway of Hope through continual discovery of the niche
within the community Doorway serves and develop the programs of Doorway to efficiently service them.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
1. College Degree or equivalent plus minimum of 2 years experience in the related field of counseling,
communications, administration, and, non-profit/religious ministry.
2. An individual who possesses mature management skills, and who can work well with a Board of directors, a
staff, volunteers, and community organization leaders.
3. An individual that can function as a creative problem-solver.
4. An individual who possesses the ability to receive basic direction and then conceptualize and produce end use
programming that will meet given objectives and strategies of the ministry.
5. Must have excellent communication and writing skills.
6. A leader who possesses a logical thinking process for efficient work flow of all projects and requires little
department or management supervision.
7. Must be able to function well as a team leader with a limited work force.
8. Must possess above average computer skills and be proficient in the Microsoft office suite.
9. Work requires willingness to work a flexible schedule.
SPIRITUAL GIFT PREFERENCES
• Temperament : I/S ISC SC
• Ministry: pastor, teacher, serving, administration
• Spiritual: Spirit filled, discernment of spirits