This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Information Systems Manager
Christ Fellowship Church
Palm Beach Gardens, Florida, United States
Date Posted: 08/28/2009
Church Size: over 10000
Job Type: Full-Time
To apply for this position you need to have a personal and growing relationship with Jesus Christ, agree with our statement of faith and core values, complete our Get in the Game 101 class, and sign a Membership Covenant.
Once you’ve met this requirement, please complete an application found in our website at www.gochristfellowship.com and fax it along with your resume to the attention of Human Resources at 561-622-8445. Thank you!
The Information Systems Manager analyzes the informational requirements of Christ Fellowship and determines solutions to meet those requirements. This position defines, communicates and enforces all database standards, and develops training for users on the use of database software. The IS Manager reports to the Director of Information Systems.
• Must have database management experience, preferably in Church Management System oversight.
• Must have 3-5 years experience with end-user support and help-desk service in a fast paced environment.
• Prior experience with online churches and web-based tools is preferred.
• Must have solid experience overseeing and maintaining accounting systems and reporting servers, including accounts payable, bank reconciliation, and general ledger.
• Experience developing purchase order processes and support systems with documentation is preferred.
• Must be proficient in web-based research in the areas of open source platforms, database optimization techniques, and management tools.
• Must have excellent analytical problem-solving and decision-making skills to create solutions to complex problems. Must have strong troubleshooting skills.
• Have strong organizational skills. Able to pay attention to detail while keeping big picture in mind.
• Experience in strategic planning and execution. Able to analyze requirements and quickly create written proposals for solutions.
• Able to accomplish assigned projects utilizing highly developed communication (written and verbal), project management, time-management, and collaboration skills.
• Able to perform high quality, detailed work with minimum supervision within assigned deadlines.
• Possess a strong knowledge of information technology in direct support of ministry initiatives.
• Able to think strategically while staying focused on the accomplishment of current departmental priorities.
• Able to handle confidential matters and material with excellence.
• Consult with all ministry and support teams to analyze goals and objectives and prepare discovery documents showing recommended workflow or process improvements and/or technology solutions; maximize multipurpose use.
• Oversee, maintain and control the corporate SQL database.
• Build basic SQL queries, edit advanced SQL queries, and design views and reports.
• Insure compliance with internal policy and all regulatory standards such as PCI Compliance, COPPA, and HIPPA.
• Enforce standards and security procedures for access and use of the database system to ensure its continued integrity.
• Establish protocols for levels of access to view, print, sort, enter, revise, or delete material. Coordinate these efforts with Department Heads.
• Develop database training guidelines for end-users having varying levels of tech experience and develop and implement all training sessions.
• Establish and maintain relationships with Core Directors, Campus Pastors, and Executive Team.
• Generate appropriate communication to keep stake-holders and users informed and involved.
• Promote and oversee strategic relationships with external entities such as vendors and partner organizations. Assist with client/vendor negotiations.
• Build and lead volunteer teams focused on Data Quality participant support.
• Interact with technical support team to schedule upgrades, modifications, and required maintenance.
• Maintain knowledge of database technology developments through training courses, seminars, and publications. Review system upgrades and new software packages and prepare proposals in lay terms concerning changes or advancements to the system.
• Monitor and trouble shoot systems to determine remedies for emerging or sudden problems.
• Other duties as assigned.