This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Community Presbyterian Church
Danville, California, United States
Date Posted: 07/09/2009
Denominations: Presbyterian -- PCUSA
Church Size: 1501 to 2000
Job Type: Full-Time
CPC is a growing church with a rich heritage in beautiful Danville, CA. CPC has a position available for a self-starting individual in the technical arts department. This person is responsible for tech in our Video Cafe venue, as well as weekly maintenance of audio/visual equipment. This position requires some flexible scheduling to meet the weekly ministries of the church.
POSITION TITLE: Technical Engineer
DEPARTMENT: Worship & Arts
PURPOSE: Support CPC ministries through Technical Arts with technical operations and development including audio, video, lighting etc.
1. Relationship with Jesus Christ
2. Previous experience as a sound technician
3. Basic soldering and circuitry repair knowledge.
4. Good relational people skills; ability to build and maintain positive effective relationships with other CPC employees and volunteers
5. Good oral and written (English & grammar) communication skills
6. Working knowledge office software Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
7. Team player (willing to work for the good of the department)
8. Ability to work independently & responsibly
9. Ability to be flexible in work flow and work schedule
10. A creative spirit
11. Detail oriented
12. A basic understanding of the role of Praise and Worship in the modern church.
OTHER DESIRABLE EXPERIENCE/SKILLS
1. Previous experience with lighting
2. Previous experience with video and video editing
JOB DESCRIPTION / DUTIES
1. Operate and maintain the sound, lighting and video systems related to supporting the worship venues.
2. Assist in planning, defining and implementing technical needs for weekend services, rehearsals, special events, and productions.
3. Provide input and recommendations for technical system upgrades and improvements.
4. Receive periodic training to enhance skills in all technical areas.
5. Attend weekly meetings related to the CPC staff and planning for weekly services
6. Maintain organization and working order of all equipment including replacement and repair of all equipment.
7. Works with and encourage volunteers in PowerPoint, audio and video at various events.
8. With alongside volunteer technical staff for services, special events and productions as necessary.
• Reports directly to the Director of Tech Arts
• Works closely on a day to day basis with team members of the Tech Arts
• Works closely with CPC volunteers as it relates to technical arts
• Is an active member of the Worship & Arts ministry team
• Works closely with the staff in other CPC ministries as it relates to tech needs
• Supports other CPC departments in the use of Sanctuary or Video Café systems