This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Redlands, California, United States
Date Posted: 07/07/2009
Categories: Worship Pastor
Church Size: 50 to 100
Job Type: Part-Time
Emmaus Church is a 1 1/2 yr. old church plant in Redlands, CA. We are in the midst of preparing for Phase 2, a public re-launch to our city in early November. We are looking for a music/worship leader to be in place on or before our re-launch date. Initially, the position is part-time ($600 to $800 per month), but will grow into full-time for the right person as our church grows.
The right person is someone who whole-heartedly lives for Jesus with apparent vocal and instrumental gifting.This person must be a team builder who loves the process of developing musicians into a "solid unit" and has the confidence to publicly lead God's people in authentic worship.
We are looking for a leader whose style naturally draws people into participating without pressure. Stylistically, music that has a modern "edge" to it works well in our context (think Hillsongs United, Dave Crowder Band, Robbie Seay Band, etc.)
The responsibilities would include:
- Leading each Sunday at our Worship Gatherings
- Oversee Set-Up and Tear-Down of the sound system and media elements each week
- Developing and working with current musicians (including singers) within the church and attracting and assimilating new ones.
- At least two practices per month outside of our Sunday Gatherings
- All charts copied and lyrics prepared each Sunday
- Working with the Pastors and others to develop our Sunday Gatherings.
- Enough money to make a mercedes payment (if you live in it)
- The Emmaus Medical Plan- Unlimited band-aids and aspirin
- Our people are so cool, you will become cool merely by association
- We really will give you two paid weeks off per yr. from the start
If you're interested in this position please e-mail a resume, video/audio of you leading and any questions.