This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Faith Christian Fellowship
Baltimore, Maryland, United States
Date Posted: 07/06/2009
Denominations: Presbyterian -- PCA
Church Size: 351 to 500
Job Type: Full-Time
Reports To: Senior Pastor
Position Status Full Time Salaried
This position is part of the Leadership Team and provides key ministry support and business administration leadership to the Church and supports the pastoral staff in promoting the overall vision and mission of Faith Christian Fellowship. Serves as the "single point of contact" for members and non-members of the Church. Provides support for the church pastors, ministries, committees, and administrative staff members.
• Demonstrated organizational and administrative skills working within a business office supervising the work of others.
• Basic office computer skills (i.e., Word, Publishing, Excel, etc.)
• Able to handle appropriately confidential information in a careful and secure manner.
• Verbal and written communication skills
• Continuous effort to develop and learn new skills.
• Possess a caring and positive attitude, and high integrity.
• Demonstrates an active faith in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior and is willing to become a member of Faith Christian Fellowship and subscribe to the doctrines of the Presbyterian Church in America.
Job Responsibilities and Duties
1. Supervises, recruits, trains and develops office staff. Conducts periodic formal performance evaluations and leads in goal setting for staff.
2. Maintain various church records such as membership, session minutes, deacon minutes, committee minutes, congregation meeting minutes, church directory of members and regular attendees, etc.
3. Single point of contact for all communications between various ministries and non-ministerial staff and volunteers.
4. Participates and attends (when required) meetings of the Session of FCF, Deacon Meetings, Pastors and Staff Meetings, Baltimore Christian School, and Pen Lucy Action Network.
1. Recommends the purchase of office equipment (i.e., telephone systems, computers, security systems, copying equipment, etc.).
2. Procure items needed for special events and ongoing activities such as cleaning supplies, paper goods, and other office supplies.
3. Maintains inventory of Church supplies and properties.
Facility Management / Usage
1. Insures that worship systems function to create excellent worship are functioning well.
2. Manage and coordinates special event scheduling (i.e., wedding, receptions, funerals, etc.) or non-member use of church facilities.
3. Approves and establishes meeting locations for various ministries and committee
4. Supervises the security procedures for the church to include (but is not limited to) keys control, file alarm procedures, health and safety, and computer systems and back ups.
5. Supervises the facility maintenance, and, cleaning of all owned and/or leased property of the church. Recommends repair and maintenance to the Deacons.
Information Technology /Data Management
1. Responsible for and supervises inputting data and maintaining all computerized
information on membership, attendance, personal membership information, and
2. Responsible for producing various church publications, bulletins, announcements, and the monthly Faith News.
3. Maintains and update the church's website when required. This includes adding weekly sermons, and maintaining the church's weekly calendar.
Finance / Budget
1. Support the Church Treasurer in maintaining and providing financial information and records to the church body.
2. Maintain records of receipts and expenditures by ministry area.
3. Prepare and review monthly reports for ministry and other areas as required.
Please send applications and resumes to Helen Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org