This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Audio Technician / Production Coordinator
Longmont, Colorado, United States
Date Posted: 07/07/2009
Denominations: Christian Church
Church Size: 3001 to 4000
Job Type: Full-Time
Rocky Mountain Christian Church
A Short Description of the Church
Beautifully nestled along the foothills of the Rocky Mountains, between Boulder and Longmont Colorado, Niwot is an enchanting community combining a nostalgic and rich historic past with all the conveniences of the present day.
Niwot is located eleven miles north of Boulder and three miles south of Longmont along Highway 119. Niwot is approximately forty-five minutes from Denver, Fort Collins and Estes Park/Rocky Mountain National Park.
1 ½ hours to Loveland Pass and Grand Lake ski resorts
2 hours to Vail, Breckenridge, Colorado Springs and Keystone
4 hours to Aspen
6 hours to Mount Rushmore, SD
9 hours to Old Faithful Geyser, WY
Our Purpose Statement
The purpose of Rocky Mountain Christian Church is to exalt Jesus Christ, impacting Boulder County and beyond by bringing people to Christ, building them up in the faith and sending them out to make a difference in their world.
Our Core Commitments
We’re Devoted to Christ
(We know Christ holds all things together.)
We’re Guided by Scripture
(We celebrate God’s Word as life-giving.)
We’re Powered by Prayer
(We never resist the urge to pray.)
We’re Passionate About Unity
(We know what unites us is far more important than what divides us.)
We’re Flourishing in Relationships
(We’re convinced life change happens in quality connections.)
We’re Committed to Families
(We know strong families make healthy people.)
We’re Generous in Giving
(We’re blessed to be a blessing.)
We’re Sharing Our Faith
(We know all people matter to God.)
We’re Intentional About Growing
(We’re loved by God just as we are, but He loves us too much to leave us like that.)
We’re Joyful in Serving
(We believe success is cooperating with the grace of God.)
Audio Technician / Production Coordinator
(Relocation not provided)
Two members of our technical team have elected to return to opportunities nearer family and friends. We are looking for two gifted creative arts technicians with previous experience in the areas outlined below. The other position is an Audio Technician / Production Coordinator. Departing staff are assisting with the search and interview process.
The Audio Technician / Production Coordinator (AT/PC) is a part of the Technical Ministry team at Rocky Mountain Christian Church. This position serves our multi-campus ministry. As the co-leader for the audio/visual aspects of RMCC, the AT/PC is one of the liaisons between the Tech and Worship staff, church administration, volunteers and event/program planners.
It is the AT/PCs responsibility to help ensure that all of the venues produce the highest possible quality audio. Above all, the overall mission of the AT/PC is to help create an atmosphere that is conducive to worship and quality communication based on the purpose of the event and the audience demographic.
Serve in audio and production leadership roles that include, but not limited to:
- Building and leading a team of audio/production volunteers.
- Providing specific training on professional equipment on an ongoing basis.
- Training other RMCC ministry areas to operate technical systems.
- Monitoring volunteer workload and protecting them from burnout.
Help plan, organize, lead, and implement the use of media technology in worship. This is not only in support of a worship experience, but is to be an integral component of the worship experience. This includes but not limited to:
- Create an environment that actively enhances the worship experience
- Oversee the implementation of audio/visual aspects for services and events to ensure high quality and limit distractions
- Maintain and service equipment
This position will require some evening and weekend work to support various events and functions. Current weekly schedule includes supporting all worship services, evening rehearsals and other rehearsals as needed. The ATPC will also be responsible for working out schedules with the Creative Arts Leadership Team to make sure that all venues are supported with qualified volunteer team members.
• Six adult worship services each weekend on two campuses. These services are delivered in three different rooms with multiple demographics
• Eight Family Ministry (Children (6) Teens (2) worship services on two campuses. These services are delivered in eight different rooms with ages varying from 2 – 17.
• Sermons are periodically captured and played back in a hi-tech HD environment.
AUDIO TECHNICIAN / PRODUCTION COORDINATOR
(Relocation not provided)
Primary Purpose: Lead and develop volunteer teams in mixing, editing and recording various types media (training, interviews, worship, DVDs, etc.), using professional and creative audio skills. Lead and develop volunteer teams in executing live audio for weekend services and special events. Assist with the purchase, upgrade and maintenance of audio equipment ministry-wide. Shepherd and provide small group leadership for audio and other technical teams.
The ideal candidate will be able to cast vision in out-of the-box, creative ways to integrate and implement audio and media church-wide improving and enhancing worship and ministry effectiveness. This person will also be an original thinker who feels called to an audio career/ministry, has exceptional character and works well with a variety of people (chemistry). The ideal candidate must also possess the following required competencies:
• Bachelors degree in audio technology or related field or a minimum of 3 years of experience in technical ministries with emphasis on audio mixing and producing in large (1000) and (multiple) venues
• 3-5 years of experience mixing large digital audio consoles and Pro Tools, mixing 5-6 piece rhythm sections, choirs and orchestras
• 2-3 years of experience planning and producing events of various sizes
• 1-3 years of management, leadership and recruiting of volunteers
• Knowledge and experience with recent/up-to-date audio equipment and technologies
• Proven leadership, interpersonal and administrative skills/experience
• Must be able to work in a rapidly changing environment with multiple priorities
• Knowledge of post-production audio
• Broad operational understanding/knowledge of full scope of technical ministries
• Final Cut and/or Adobe Premiere editing experience/knowledge
• Motion and/or Adobe After Effects experience/knowledge
• Experience and basic understanding of automated and conventional lighting.
• Proficient on Mac platform.
• Understanding of video projection systems.
• Creative with stage design and construction.
• Shepherding • Administration
• Leadership • Discernment
Key Relationships: Technical Director, Worship Pastors, Church Staff, Interns, Volunteer Leaders, Volunteers, Church Members, Contractors, Facilities Team
• Manage audio projects and audio volunteer teams
• Oversees audio/production at all weekend services
• Assist in the creation of videos and multi-image productions
• Responsible for setup/striking at weekend services and worship events
• Administration (meetings, reports, correspondence, follow-up)
• Volunteer recruitment, leadership and management
• Assist with lighting as needed
• Leads in training and scheduling volunteers
• Post audio to web
• Special projects (live audio at services and, technical support for weddings, funerals etc.)
Essential Functions: Speaking, seeing, hearing, keyboard dexterity, ability to understand and follow directions, sitting, walking, bending, stooping, reaching, climbing, crawling, pushing, pulling, lifting 50- 90 pounds
Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.