This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Columbia, Missouri, United States
Date Posted: 06/26/2009
Categories: Youth Pastor
Denominations: Assemblies of God
Church Size: 501 to 750
Job Type: Full-Time
Christian Chapel, a justice-minded, purpose-driven church in Columbia, MO is looking to fill our Youth Pastor vacancy. If the thought of working with and leading students grades 6-12 makes you think "bring it on" rather than "bring me some aspirin", read on for more of the specifics:
* Experienced in developing adults and students to assume leadership roles
* A strong communicator, able to connect with students on a level they can relate to.
* Knowledgeable in student ministries with at least two years of experience
* A whiz at communicating and relating to people; specifically young people
* A strong knowledge of new technologies and current and relevant ways to connect with your students [Facebook, Twitter, blogging, etc]
* A contributing part of the all-church Management Team, who will report directly to the Lead Pastor.
You will be...
* In charge of building a youth ministry team within a new campus environment
* Recruiting, training and leading volunteers, youth leaders and student leaders
* Responsible for building and leading a purpose-driven, relational model of youth ministry
* Totally cool with jumping headfirst into a fast-paced, evolving ministry environment
* The force behind developing new and cultivating exisiting LifeGroups (small groups) within the youth program
* Overseeing weekly student worship experiences that include a live band, multi-media and various technical components
* Working toward management of future staff members and interns
If this sounds like your cup of tea, give us a shout and tell us why you're the right person for the job. Please send your resume to:
c/o Youth Pastor Opening
3300 S. Providence Rd.
Columbia, MO 65203
Or email your resume to:
Caleb Rowden [email@example.com]
About Christian Chapel: We are a church that is committed to impacting the community around us with the love of God and the truth of His grace. We are located in Columbia, MO - an artsy, university town with a population of 100,000, and an additional 30,000 students present. We are 2 hours from Kansas City, 1.5 hours from St. Louis and 3 hours from Springfield. We believe that the message of the gospel is sacred, but the methods by which that message is communicated are not. We believe in speaking a language that our culture can understand and grab on to. We have also partnered with various social-justice organizations to share God's love tangibly with people. We are an 'abolitionist church' in partnership with the Not for Sale Campaign [www.notforsalecampaign.org]. We recently sent a group of 8 to Ghana, West Africa to build a fresh water well in a large Muslim community. We will be adopting an entire community there in Ghana in the coming months and plan to continue to share God's love with them in these practical ways. We work hard, we play hard, and we truly believe we are on the front edge of a great movement of God in our community.