This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Hickory Flat United Methodist Church
Canton, Georgia, United States
Date Posted: 07/16/2009
Categories: Children's Pastor
Denominations: United Methodist
Church Size: 1001 to 1500
Job Type: Full-Time
Full Time Children’s Minister. Hickory Flat Church in Canton, GA, is seeking a full time staff member to lead our Children's Ministry Program. The primary duties are to nurture the faith development of children from age 3 to 5th grade through educational, fellowship and spiritual growth programs and activities as well as administrative duties. To ensure a smooth, safe and effective program, the Children's Minister will actively recruit and train volunteers with the goal of having a highly relational and spiritually mature team. Minister will also work closely with a Children's Ministry Leadership Team.
This job relies heavily on volunteers, so this individual must be an enthusiastic and effective recruiter as well as an “encourager” and “developer” of people. Although children are the priority, this position primarily interacts with the parents and the volunteers connected to the ministry.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
* Oversee and coordinate all aspects of the Children's Ministry including day to day operations, weekend services, events, and service projects
* Plan and hold regular Children's Ministry team meetings
* Recruit new volunteers
* Coach, develop, and train volunteers
* Develop new programs to get the parents involved in children's ministry
* Ensure that all volunteers adhere to the safe sanctuary procedures
* Attend weekly staff meetings
* Recommend to the Finance Team and Executive Pastor an annual budget for the children's ministry program
* Serve as a counselor with children and with parents in matters of personal and family concerns
* Care for the needs of those serving in children's ministries
* Have a passion for children's Christian education and a commitment to working with lay volunteers
* Conduct Chapel for Church Preschool on a rotating basis
* Minimum 3 years experience required
* Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in related field preferred
* Maintain a vital and growing personal walk with the Lord through committed Bible study and prayer
* Maintain proper balance between home and church life, ensuring that time is given for rest and retreat
* Develop personal evangelism opportunities within and outside the church
Send resume and salary requirements to: HR@hickoryflatumc.org.