Title of Position: Assistant Video Editor
Job Category: Creative Support
Direct Supervisor: Communications Director
1. Synopsis of Role
• Provides creative and technical support in the video post production department through assisting the editors and providing edit decisions
2. Principal Responsibilities
• Weekend sermon-editing deliverables
• Weekly announcement-editing deliverables
• Editing and producing repeatable-event deliverables (baptisms, funerals, weekday services)
• Maintaining tape library and database
• Organization of server room
• Pro Tools Engineering and support
• Final Cut Pro support
• Photoshop support
• After Effects support
• Organize and label B-roll footage
• Sunday Web upload responsibility
3. Required Skills and Job Complexity
Unique Skills and Knowledge:
• Broad knowledge of tools and techniques used for post production work, as well as a solid understanding of related visual and audio disciplines
• Strong leadership
• Strong communication skills
• Strong organization and time-management skills
Problem Solving and Decision Making:
• Positive attitude and positive approach to problem solving
• Congregation members, ministry and support staff, related ministries, and professional organizations
4. Competencies Critical to Position
• Ability to build and manage a cross-functional creative team
• Highly self-motivated and self-managed
• Proactive; anticipates and identifies needs and assumes new tasks and initiatives
• Deep spiritual walk with God
• Critical thinker
• Ability to multitask, as well as the ability to focus on a single project for an extended period of time.
• Musical experience helpful
• Industry awareness
• Software knowledge: Final Cut Pro, Pro Tools, Apple OSX, Compressor
5. Key Performance Measurements
• Deadlines are consistently met.
• Clients provide consistent feedback on creative services rendered. Ministry and media staff feel that the post production team is energetically responsive to their needs.
• Communication is clear and thorough.
• Creative quality continues to rise.
• Acquired video and stock assets are adequately managed and cataloged.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Director of Audio Visual ArtsManchester United Methodist Church
- Manchester, Missouri
- October 24
Campus ProducerScottsdale Bible Church
- Scottsdale, Arizona
- October 24
Lighting DirectorParkview Christian Church
- Orland Park, Illinois
- October 24
Media DirectorNorthshore Christian Church
- Everett, Washington
- October 20
Technical DirectorSlingshot Group
- Salt Lake City, Utah
- October 19
Bethany World Prayer Center
We are the media department for Bethany World Prayer Center. We provide all media needs for the church including media needs for the weekend services (camera operators, song screen operators, directors, etc.) as well as completing all print needs (bulletin, push cards, billboards, business cards, etc.). We also maintain the church's website and make any videos requested by the various departments. More...