This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Pastor of Ministry & Staff Development
First Wesleyan Church
Battle Creek, Michigan, United States
Date Posted: 06/23/2009
Categories: Associate Pastor
Church Size: 2501 to 3000
Job Type: Full-Time
First Wesleyan Church is seeking a Pastor of Ministry and Staff Development to join our leadership team. This individual will be responsible to provide leadership and ministry direction and development to key ministry staff members and their teams. He or she will be a key strategic link in our leadership team as we strive towards fulfilling a common mission of reaching the lost and broken in our region and leading them into a fully devoted relationship with Jesus Christ.
1. Embrace the mission and vision of First Wes.
2. Support the Lead Pastor in accomplishing the church's mission.
3. Development and execution of ministry goals and objectives which are in alignment with the overall strategic plans of the church.
4. Preaching on Sunday mornings as required - potentially 8-12 times per year.
5. Equipping, training, and leadership development of staff and volunteers to support the ministry teams.
6. Shared and supportive responsibilities as required for pastoral counseling.
7. Sharing responsibilities to lead weddings and funerals with other pastoral staff as required.
8. Responsible for the ministry budget(s) for the areas of responsibilities.
9. Work as a team member with the leadership team and boards to provide direction and oversight for the ministries of the church.
Training, Skills, & Abilities:
1. Minimum of 10 years experience working within a church setting with proven staff leadership and development experience and skills.
2. Ordained Pastor with the credentials and beliefs that align with those of First Wes.
3. The ability to see the big picture and work as part of a team to see God do amazing things for His ministry.
4. Effective communicator of the Gospel.
Background: First Wes is located in Battle Creek, Michigan and is a growing church of over 2500 attendees on Sunday mornings. Our services combine a mix of modern music and dynamic biblical teaching designed to disciple and challenge the believer and to reach the lost and broken with the message of Jesus Christ.
Please send resume and cover letter via email to Barb Dowell at email@example.com or 14425 South Helmer Road, Battle Creek, MI, 49015