This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Pastor of Student Ministries
First Wesleyan Church
Battle Creek, Michigan, United States
Date Posted: 06/19/2009
Categories: Youth Pastor
Church Size: 2501 to 3000
Job Type: Full-Time
First Wesleyan Church is seeking a Pastor of Student Ministries (grades 6–12) to join our Family Ministry Team. This individual is responsible to provide vision and leadership for Student Ministries for First Wes. This position will report directly to the Pastor of Ministry and Staff Development and be an integral part of a staff whose common vision is to reach the lost and broken and lead them into a fully devoted relationship with Jesus Christ.
1. Communicate the Gospel with a desire and passion to reach students in our region and to lead them into a fully devoted relationship with Jesus Christ.
2. Cast the vision for student ministries and engage students and adult volunteers in carrying out the mission.
3. Recruit, train, lead and develop teams of student and adult volunteers to support the needs of the ministry.
4. Align the ministry to support the overall church strategic plans and goals.
5. Develop and execute a discipleship plan and process that will engage students as they grow in their walk with Jesus Christ.
6. Manage and prioritize the budget to support Student Ministries.
7. Work with the Family Ministry Team to develop effective strategies to connect and transition students from Children’s Ministry to Student Ministry to College-age Ministry.
Training, Skills & Abilities:
1. A minimum of 5 years of leadership experience of a student ministry with proven significant experience and results
2. Outstanding communicator
3. Effective leader
4. Humble servant and team player
Background: First Wes is located in Battle Creek, Michigan and is a growing church of over 2500 attendees on Sunday mornings. Our services combine a mix of modern music and dynamic biblical teaching designed to disciple and challenge the believer and to reach the lost and broken with the message of Jesus Christ.
Please send resume and cover letter via email to Barb Dowell at email@example.com or 14425 South Helmer Road, Battle Creek, Michigan 49015.