This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Assistant Music Director
Morning Star Church
O'Fallon, Missouri, United States
Date Posted: 06/19/2009
Categories: Worship Pastor
Denominations: United Methodist
Church Size: 1501 to 2000
Job Type: Full-Time
The Associate Director of Music will demonstrate a strong commitment to Jesus Christ while assisting the Worship Arts Director in developing and implementing a music ministry to enhance the worship of God at Morning Star Church.
The Associate Music Director will provide leadership in creating a culture that encourages musicians and artists to develop their talents to glorify God through participation in all forms of worship celebration. He/She will also possess a developed knowledge of music literature and the ability to perform the music. Team-building, coaching, development, leadership and self-starter skills are required qualifications.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
• Lead the Sound Ministry
Service recording and burning of CD’s, uploading of .mp3’s, etc.
Setup/teardown of stage as needed for weekly rehearsals, services and ancillary events
• Train incoming volunteers
• Align with mission/vision of the Music Ministry
• Substitute for operators as needed
• Assist with Administrative Music Ministry tasks
Produce (or oversee production of) weekend service song slides
Verify song titles and structures
Copy or create slides accordingly
Assign appropriate media backgrounds
• Conduct CCLI reports when required (currently 6 month reporting period every 3 years)
• Create chord charts of worship songs and/or special music selections as necessary
• Transcribe additional music elements (strings, etc.) as necessary
• Create audio programming, loops, click-tracks, etc. as necessary
• Assist with scheduling
• Assist and/or oversee audition process for potential new volunteers
• Assist with web-based administration of music ministry
Uploading schedules, setlists, charts, etc. to website
Purchasing and distributing audio recordings
• Fulfill necessary tasks in the absence of the Director of Music
• Music selection, song order, etc.
• Leading vocal & instrumental rehearsals as necessary
• Leading worship as necessary
Skills and Talents
• Proficient knowledge of music and music theory
• Proficient instrumentalist and vocalist
• Proficient knowledge of audio signal flow and sound reinforcement
• Proficient with the following software packages:
Finale® or similar music engraving software
Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
Easy Worship® or similar lyric display software
ProTools® or similar audio recording and editing software
• Proficient in leading a band rehearsal
• Keen ear for music—“director’s ear”
• Ability to recognize and adapt to group dynamics
• Ability to lead and motivate
• Experience in leading worship services required.
• Previous professional experience in a similar role preferred.