This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Sr. High Student Ministry Director
Houston, Texas, United States
Date Posted: 06/17/2009
Categories: Youth Pastor
Denominations: United Methodist
Church Size: 1501 to 2000
Job Type: Full-Time
Position: Senior High Student Ministry Director—Jones Road
Responsibility: Minister to the students and families of Senior High Students on the Jones Road Campus.
Reports to: Director of Student Ministries
Hours/Salary: Full Time (40 +hrs/wk); salary commensurate with experience
• Lead Students to know Christ and serve Him.
• Teach (large group, small group, one-on-one) for community and personal growth.
• Contact & follow up with all students.
• Build relationships with parents to partner with the spiritual development of their students.
• Plan, organize, & oversee FSM special events and missions.
• Visit schools to encourage FSM students and their friends.
• Recruit and train adult leaders for D-Groups, Life Groups, special Events and Mission trips.
• Network with other area youth pastors.
• Project & manage an annual ministry budget.
• Collaborate with the Middle School Director for the Jones Road Campus and the Student Ministry Director for the Fry Road Campus.
• Have a transparent, passionate, growing, relationship with Christ.
• Meet scriptural qualifications for a position in leadership (1 Timothy 3:1-7; Titus 1:5-9).
• Be teachable and willing to be held accountable.
• Possess the spiritual gifts of leadership, evangelism, teaching.
• Growing personally, spiritually and professionally.
Vocation and Personal Qualifications:
• Discerning of God’s leadership to lead student ministry.
• 3+ years experience ministering to students in a church or para-church organization, with preference given to candidates with staff and multi-site experience.
• Experience partnering with adults/parents who can help sustain the ministry.
• Have an undergraduate degree from a college/university.
• Be a self-starter with drive, passion, initiative, and creativity.
• Be a team player with a positive attitude.
• Have enthusiasm for the overall mission of Foundry UMC.
Please send resumes and inquiries to: Mike Gammill, Executive Pastor of Discipleship