This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Assistant Pastor of Worship & Youth
First Alliance Church
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, United States
Date Posted: 08/25/2009
Categories: Other Pastor
Denominations: Christian Missionary Alliance
Church Size: 151 to 250
Job Type: Full-Time
First Alliance Church, Harrisburg PA aspires to be transformed followers of Jesus Christ who reach our neighbors and the world with living proof of a loving God. We are looking for someone who loves God, kids, parents and who love to lead and develop people as worshipers.
Position/Title: Assistant Pastor of Youth & Worship
Reports to: Senior Pastor
Position Description: Position responsibilities are for the oversight of the Worship Ministries of the Church & Youth Ministries. This person will be a fully functioning member of the Pastoral Staff.
Specific Job Responsibilities:
1. Lead and give oversight to the Middle School and Senior High ministries of the Church.
2. Recruit and train teams to lead.
3. Train students for outreach to their peers and in developing a passion for world missions.
4. Coordinate participation in inter-Church and District youth events.
5. Chair the Discipleship Committee of the Church, giving direction and oversight to the ministries under its umbrella (includes all disciple-making ministries of the Church).
1. Work closely with the Senior Pastor to use worship ministries to support weekly messages, as well as First Alliance Core Values, Mission, and Vision.
2. Oversee the entire worship ministry of the Church.
3. Recruit, train, and develop individuals for music ministry, both vocal and instrumental.
4. Develop and lead worship teams.
5. Oversee and coordinate the master schedule for worship services and events.
6. Oversee all operations related to worship services (i.e. sound, lighting, & projection).
7. Facilitate communication between worship teams, vocalists, instrumentalists, and others involved in the services.
8. Oversee non-operational worship-related activities such as special music, choirs, drama, etc.
9. Develop special events (i.e. concerts, musical presentations, dramas, special services around Christmas, Easter, etc.).
1. Assist and support the Senior Pastor in the ministry of the Church.
2. Preach and teach in public worship.
3. Assist in other ministries, as deemed appropriate by the Senior Pastor.
4. Assist in the administration of the Church.
1. Must have an ever-deepening personal relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ and be a worshipper of Him.
2. Must depend on the Holy Spirit to fulfill God’s desires.
3. Must have a strong understanding of Biblical worship and be able to teach and develop others in these principles.
4. Must possess leadership ability – be able to lead and develop individuals and groups involved with worship and youth.
1. A knowledge of excellence in worship ministries and a dedication to continuous learning.
2. Familiarity with effective worship leading techniques that facilitate the congregation growing as worshippers.
3. Ability to work cooperatively with the Senior Pastor.
4. Ability to lead classic (traditional) and contemporary styles of music.
5. Familiarity with tools of worship, music sources, worship technologies, etc.
1. Leadership ability - able to develop individuals and groups involved with youth ministries.
2. A love for teens, children, and their parents.
3. Ability to understand youth culture.
4. Ability to communicate well with youth and their parents.
1. As set out in I Timothy 3:1-13 and Titus 1:6-9.
2. Bible College/Seminary degree or exceptional training and/or experience.
3. Formal music training.
4. Leadership ability (capacity to lead and accomplish ministry through others).
5. Ability to work cooperatively with the Senior Pastor and other staff members.
6. Ability to counsel and disciple.
7. Ability to work 45-50 hours a week.
If interested, please apply online
Seeking candidates from North America