This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Executive Director, Comfort Foundation
St. Louis, Missouri, United States
Date Posted: 06/15/2009
Categories: Para-church Ministries
Church Size: Not Applicable
Job Type: Part-Time
Comfort Foundation financially and emotionally supports the staff of Russian Nationals as they minister on a daily basis to orphans and underprivileged children in northern Russia. We are developing relationships with churches, businesses and the local government department that provides services to children in Russia. Comfort Foundation continues to support the children as they "graduate" from the Orphanages at age 18 and transition into their adult lives.
Part-Time: 30 hours (negotiable)
OVERVIEW OF POSITION
The Executive Director is the Chief Executive Officer of the Organization. He/she provides dynamic leadership for all areas of operations, positioning the Organization for continued sustainable growth. The Executive Director reports to the Board of Directors and represents the Board when it is not in session to ensure implementation of policies adopted by the Board. The Executive Director is a non-voting member of the Board of Directors and Executive Committee, and an ad hoc member of all other committees. He/She works closely with the Board and Volunteers to assist in the carrying out of these programs and duties.
Responsibilities and Areas of Focus:
Leadership Development/Team Building
• Identify and Equip Volunteers for Service Opportunities
• Orient, Train & Develop volunteers
• Responsible for fund-raising including donor solicitation/recognition
• Identify priority needs in conjunction with Board and all Staff.
• Manage fund-raising records and documentation.
• Interacts with Board Members to ensure ongoing activity in fund-raising process
• Working with Board of Directors and consultants, develops and prepares grant applications; interfaces with Board
to ensure compliance.
Board Administration and Support
• Supports the operation and administration of the Board of Directors by advising and informing the Board and
interfacing between Board and Staff.
Program and Service Delivery
• Oversees design, marketing, promotion, delivery and quality of programs and services.
• Provides guidance to CF teams to assure the successful operation of CF.
Community and Public Relations
• Assures the Foundation and its mission, programs and services are consistently presented in a strong, positive
image to churches, the community and the stakeholders.
• Monitors the developments in not-for-profit issues and keeps the Board informed.
• Works with community organizations to enhance participation in CF activities and supports these partnerships.
Human Resource Management
• Effectively manages the human resources of the Foundation, including Staff of Comfort Foundation, USA, the
Russian Comfort Staff and key volunteer positions.
• With Finance Committee, participates in preparation of budgets related to financial, physical and human
resources, monitors budget adherence.
The Executive Director reports to the Comfort Foundation Board. The Director of the Russian Staff reports to the Executive Director through whom approval is obtained for decisions outside of annual strategy/mission goals.
The Executive Director must show genuine, contagious passion for the mission of Comfort Foundation, as well as excellent management, fund-raising and communication skills. He/she must profess a Christian faith and live it on a daily basis.
Specific experiences and skills include:
• Prior nonprofit management experience, including fund-raising, financial management and human resources
• Interest, experience and aptitude in both the internal (organizational) and external (community) components of
leadership of a community based, nonprofit organization
• Knowledge and support of principles and practices of fund-raising, particularly from Churches and individual
• Demonstrated ability to engage in cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of donors and sponsors
• Excellent communication skills
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Computer Proficient
• Knowledge of and previous travel to Russia