This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
High School Ministry - Associate Director
Christ Presbyterian Church
Edina, Minnesota, United States
Date Posted: 06/15/2009
Categories: Youth Pastor
Denominations: Presbyterian -- PCUSA
Church Size: 3001 to 4000
Job Type: Full-Time
Values & Vision—
Christ Presbyterian Church has a vision “to inspire all generations to follow Jesus, love others, and live missionally.”
The Student Ministries at CPC serves about 700+ students (grades 6-12) in the southwest suburbs of Minneapolis. We are blessed to have a strong youth staff with a commitment to teamwork and collaboration. We meet weekly for prayer, study, encouragement, and long-range planning. The High School Staff also meets weekly to oversee the shepherding of our students as well as all program elements of our ministry. Our staff consists of:
1 Student Ministries Directory
1 Associate Director of Leadership Development
1 Associate Director of Elevate (6-7th grade)
1 Associate Director of Commitment Class (8th grade)
2 Associate Directors of High School Ministry (9-12th grade)
1 Part-time Administrative Coordinator
• Assist in the overall development and implementation of the HSM program Help recruit, train, and develop adult volunteer leaders in various capacities
• Develop and monitor service/missional strategy for HSM, including leading the Reach service team.
• Plan and attend appropriate High School Ministry trips (winter mission trip, overnights, summer missions & camping trips, etc.)
• Direct regular HSM Large Group experiences
• Assist in the processes of brainstorming, developing, and writing weekly small group curriculum
• Develop relationships with a broad number of students through Wednesday night programs, intentional one-on-ones, and outside relational contact work (attending games, concerts, etc.)
• Speak/teach occasionally at various program events
• Set aside time each week for use of spiritual reading, studying, & learning
• Must have an authentic, personal, and transforming relationship with Jesus Christ.
• Must be in agreement with and support of CPC’s Core Beliefs and Mission.
• Must have a working knowledge of Scripture and an active prayer life.
• Must have gifts of leadership, teaching, and service.
• Must have a dynamic love for both high school students and young adults.
• Must have a passion to see high school students come to know Jesus Christ and enter into a life-changing relationship with Him.
• Must have an ability to work collaboratively with a team of like-minded, yet diverse Youth Ministers.
• Must be eager to learn and be teachable, and have a desire to be challenged by a thriving ministry of 700+ students (6-12th grade).
Salary Commensurate with experience
Vacation 3 weeks (120 hours) accrued throughout the year
Benefits Full Medical (no dental)
$500 per year for meals (with leaders, students, etc), $500 per year for mileage,
$500-1000 per year for study expenses (conferences, books, etc.)
$40 per month cell phone allowance