This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Rose Drive Friends Church
Yorba Linda , California, United States
Date Posted: 06/09/2009
Categories: Children's Pastor
Church Size: 1501 to 2000
Job Type: Full-Time
Rose Drive Friends Church is looking for a proven ministry leader to join our staff team as our Children’s Pastor. We are looking for a genuine and likeable individual who is passionate about their relationship with the Lord and about sharing that relationship with others. A heartbeat for evangelism and building bridges to children (and through them to families), with experience in a growing ministry, is essential. This individual must demonstrate creativity and innovation, a “can do” attitude, and have an outgoing personality. Strong leadership and teaching skills are necessary to enable this person to identify, recruit, train, and release others into ministry. The ability to work in a multiple staff setting and be a “team player” is vital. Although there are ample opportunities to interact with children, this position primarily works with staff and adult volunteers. Therefore, this individual must have a proven aptitude to supervise and coach multiple staff members and lay leaders.
Requirements (including but not necessarily limited to the following):
• Strong written and oral communication skills with both children and adults.
• Strong organizational and administrative skills (the ability to set up and manage systems is a must)
• Proven record of recruiting, training and releasing others to minister
• 3 to 5 years experience in leading, developing, and implementing children’s ministry
• Evidence of thorough biblical knowledge and ability to apply biblical truth to life situations
• Self starter who is also a team player
• M.A. or M.Div. desired, B.A. or B.S. required
Compensation: Commensurate with experience, education, and job description
This position includes benefits.
Rose Drive Friends Church is a part of the Evangelical Friends Church Southwest.
For a statement of our theology go to: http://www.efcsw.org/faithpractice.html
Applicants should submit resume and references to: Jim Le Shana at firstname.lastname@example.org.