Calvary Baptist Church is seeking a full-time Director/Pastor of Children’s Ministries (SONshine Place) who will be empowered with leadership for all aspects of SONshinePlace: teacher and leadership training, scope and sequence, relevant engaging communication of God’s Word in age specific ways and overall ministry direction. You will be responsible for planning and implementing the Children’s Sunday education and worship aspects of multiple Sunday services, the mid-week program, as well asother special services and programs. You should be prepared to manage the spiritual, education and administrative sides of a multi-faceted established children’s ministry.
You will report to the Executive Pastor and work cooperatively with a gifted church leadership team under the direction of the Elder Board. You will mobilize and train those who desire to use their various gifts and talents to serve the body and glorify the Lord. In general, you will provide leadership for a talented and creative children’s ministry team.
Are you passionate to teach and lead others to help children from birth to Grade 5 learn about God, find Him as Savior and Lord of their life and grow in His image? Do you possess a strong reliance on God and a heart for children and their parents? Are you known for seeking excellence in your ministry to the Lord? Do you have a godly relaxed, natural, confident presence? Do you have a personal passion for taking Children's Ministry to the next level? Most importantly, do you have a clear calling from the Lord to lead Children's Ministries?
The three major areas of SONshine Place are:Nursery (2 years and younger), Early Childhood (2 - 5 years old) and Elementary (K-5th grades).
CBC has multiple worship services on Sunday as well as a fully developed mid-week children's program, that includes AWANA ministry. CBC would like to initiate a Daycare program soon after moving into its new campus.
Children's Ministry Director/Pastor should:
* Have a clear testimony of faith in Jesus Christ and a passionate, growing, personal relationship with Him
* Meet the spiritual qualifications for elder found in 1 Timothy 3:1-7; Titus 1:5-9 (with the exception of gender)
* Be a self-starter with drive, passion and initiative
* Be teachable and willing to be held accountable
* Be a team player with a positive attitude
* Possess the spiritual gifts of teaching, leadership and administration
* Possess childhood educator and administrative skills
* Experience overseeing, sustaining and developing faithful, effective teams with leadership, organizational and team-oriented gifts.
* Enthusiastically support and promote the core values, mission, vision, and purposes of CBC
* Sense God’s leadership to lead SONshine Place
* Have an undergraduate or preferably a Master’s degree that include courses from an accredited evangelical bible college or seminary (those still in pursuit of degree will be considered)
* At least five years of children's ministry experience in a large, multi-staffed church
* Possess a working knowledge of all aspects of children's education, including advances in current audio, video and technology tools
* Ability to recruit, select, and equip volunteers & develop leaders
* Ability to teach God’s Word effectively and accurately
Success will be achieved when the following conditions exist:
* Personal, spiritual, & professional growth is regularly and aggressively pursued
* The vision and philosophy of SONshine Place has been, and continues to be, communicated, and a structure and strategy has been implemented and continually improved
* There is development, oversight, and training of all levels of leadership within SONshine Place
* There are demonstrable effects of changed lives and deepening relationships with Jesus Christ at all levels of leadership in SONshine Place
* God's creativity is routinely celebrated through creative Bible teaching, worship, and service to God
* The reputation of SONshine Place throughout CBC is overwhelmingly positive and all levels of SONshine Place are supported by children's parents without reservation
* There is demonstrable commitment to the prevention and risk reduction of any form of child abuse
* New children and their parents are rapidly contacted and visits to schools to encourage children are regularly accomplished with demonstrable effect
* Other duties as assigned by the Executive Pastor are done with excellence and in glory to God
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Children's Ministry DirectorMt. Olive UMC
- marion, Indiana
- January 16
Children's Ministry DirectorKempsville Presbyterian Church
- Virginia Beach, Virginia
- January 16
Youth Pastor/DirectorChrist Community Fellowship
- Walla Walla, Washington
- January 15
Children's DirectorGreater Mt Zion Baptist Church
- Austin, Texas
- January 13
Director of Family MinistriesMinistry Architects
- Shreveport, Louisiana
- January 13
Calvary Baptist Church
Worshiping God. Growing in Christ. Serving in the Spirit. This is the very essence of Calvary Baptist Church. It is our great desire that everyone at Calvary is actively engaged in worshiping God, and growing in Christ, and serving in the Spirit both individually and corporately. More...