This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Mt. Vernon Church
Columbus, Mississippi, United States
Date Posted: 07/13/2009
Categories: Worship Pastor
Denominations: Baptist --SBC
Church Size: 351 to 500
Job Type: Full-Time
Mt Vernon is a place where you can expect to come and bring your life and experience a corporate gathering of individuals who are whole, broken, rich, poor, educated, and uneducated that are all on a journey of pursuing God with their life. MV is a place that is alive. You will not find a boring or stale environment that is based off of traditions put in place by man, but one of freedom, excitement, passion, authenticity, and all around fun.
We are associated with the Southern Baptist Convention but the church family is non-denominational in its makeup.
• Provide vision and leadership to the worship ministry.
• Plan and implement music and media elements for all worship services and special events.
• Work with Senior Pastor to coordinate theme and flow of each service.
• Recruit, train and prepare others to serve in the worship ministry.
(Band, Praise team, etc)
• Recruit and train those involved in the technical, media and sound elements of each service.
• Work with staff to carry out the ministry goals and vision of the church.
• Serve as an encourager to the church at large but specifically to those in the worship ministry