This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Boulder Valley Christian Church
Boulder, Colorado, United States
Date Posted: 06/04/2009
Categories: Children's Pastor
Church Size: 501 to 750
Job Type: Full-Time
Director Of Children’s Ministry
OPPORTUNITY: You have the incredible privilege of inspiring children to grow deeper and stronger in their relationship with God through a dynamic, Christ-centered and child-friendly weekly children’s program.
The Children’s Director will oversee the staffing, needs, and ministry direction of the Early Childhood and Elementary program of Boulder Valley Christian Church.
Reports To: Lead Pastor Relates Closely With: Pastoral Staff, Office Staff , and Children’s Admin. Staff
Be a Model of Christian Maturity (Character)
• Exhibit an excitement about the Great Commission and the Great Commandment.
• Understand and incorporate the basic disciplines of the Christian life, keeping a vibrant walk with God.
• Live a life of integrity that is above reproach and models servant leadership.
• Grow in your expertise of ministry through reading books, attending seminars and seeking out mentors.
Lead, Build and Shepherd (Competency)
LEADERSHIP and TRAINING
• Lead the children’s program team by implementing a dynamic, weekly curriculum that lines up with BVCC’s vision, inspiring children to want to know God more, discover His plan for their life and grow in their faith.
• Provide specific children’s ministry skills training three times a year for all leaders, covering policies and procedures, CPR Training, training for curriculum etc.
• Spearhead volunteer recruitment and raise awareness about children’s ministry needs for whole
church at least bi-annually (powerpoint programs, skits, etc), as you continually recruit volunteers to
staff the children’s ministry.
• Dream big with your team as you plan, strategize and evaluate goals to reach more unchurched
children while growing stronger disciples.
• Oversee the process for recruiting new volunteers, following the child protection policy for screening all
volunteers, including background check, fingerprinting, and reference checks, keeping all paperwork on
• Recruit volunteer who can manage weekly the children’s ministry page on BVCC’S website.
• Help plan creative ways to honor children during our quarterly child dedications along with Lead Pastor.
• Further develop and grow children’s ministry-specific database in conjunction with admin. staff.
• Multiply your ministry by raising up a leader-in-training over time.
ADMINISTRATIVE and SHEPHERDING
• Oversee, shepherd and develop early children’s leadership team to help oversee various parts of the
ministry to include but not limited to: Sunday morning program, VBS, Going Deeper Class, Soccer Camp, Basketball Camp, Outreach events, and other special events.
• Implement policies and procedures, reviewing quarterly and changing as needed.
• Track and update attendance records of children, and taking note of those who have accepted Christ and moving them towards spiritual growth.
• Communicating weekly to BVCC families via email/phone, and providing a newsletter on a quarterly basis.
• Oversee graduations into elementary program and pre-teen program (in conjunction with middle
school pastor) annually in the summer.
• Oversee care of children’s ministry equipment, supplies and materials.
Be a Team Player (Chemistry)
• Passionately live out the vision of Boulder Valley Christian Church in your role and cast that vision to
your leaders and their groups.
• Participate in weekly Staff meetings and Staff Leader’s Summits.
• Foster a positive attitude toward change accepting change with grace and excitement.