This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Jr. High Pastor
Sherman Bible Church
Sherman, Texas, United States
Date Posted: 06/04/2009
Categories: Youth Pastor
Denominations: Bible Church
Church Size: 751 to 1000
Job Type: Full-Time
The Jr. High Pastor is to lead all aspects of ministry to 7th – 8th grade students and their families and help lead the 5th-6th grade students and their families. This pastor will contribute to the overall life of the church by providing pastoral oversight and general ministry to those who come into contact with SBC. The Jr. High Pastor will work closely with all other pastors while reporting to the Pastor of Student Ministries.
*To partner with parents to make a greater impact on the hearts of students by…
• Casting a vision, and working with parents, with the same end in mind.
• Maintaining clear and consistent communication with students, parents, and volunteers.
• Advocating the truth that parents are primarily responsible to God for the spiritual formation of their children.
• Insuring that every student is connected to a caring leader and consistent group of peers.
• Providing opportunities for students to experience age-appropriate personal ministry.
*Underneath the larger scope of our student ministry, develop and implement an outstanding Jr. High program by…
• Recruiting, training, and mentor volunteer leaders.
• Planning and leading effective and engaging large group gatherings.
• Developing and overseeing all small group gatherings.
• Contacting and following up with new students.
• Working closely with the Pastor of Student Ministries in developing age-appropriate curriculum and activities that engaging, relevant, and memorable experiences for students.
*To contribute to the overall effectiveness of Student Ministries by…
• Ministering to the 5th-6th grade students on a regular basis.
• Assisting in the planning, preparations, and execution of all student camps, retreats, activities and mission trips.
As a pastor, it is expected that this person will lead the way in fulfilling the Great Commission by making disciples. It is expected that this person will proclaim, clarify, and exemplify how to live out the Gospel. In addition, other expectations include:
Christian Life - Demonstrates the behaviors and attitudes of a mature follower of Christ.
Productivity - Produces the appropriate quality and quantity of work.
Communication - Communicates effectively to others both written and oral; listens carefully.
Interpersonal - Establishes and maintains effective working relationships.
Leadership - Casts vision, delegates, trains, follows through, produces positive change.
Focus - Invests time & energy in areas that are both within his/her personal strengths and expected duties.
Situational Awareness - Is aware of what is happening; how information, events, and their own actions impact present and future goals.