This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Pastor of Adult Ministries
Word of Life Mission Church
Niverville, Manitoba, Canada
Date Posted: 06/04/2009
Categories: Discipleship Pastor
Church Size: 351 to 500
Job Type: Full-Time
Pastor of Adult Ministries Position for Word of Life Mission Church
The Word of Life Mission Church in Niverville, Manitoba, is seeking a Pastor of Adult Ministries to be responsible for the discipleship, guidance and management of adult ministries in this vibrant and growing non-denominational congregation of approximately 400 people.
This new position would primarily involve the leadership development of all adult ministry leaders at Word of Life and leading each adult ministry to be the “hands and feet of Jesus” as we seek to fulfill our God given vision, “To Bring God Joy.”
As a member of the Staff Leadership Team, the Pastor of Adult Ministries reports to the Lead Pastor. Word of Life functions with a Leadership Team style of church governance.
The candidate will be responsible for the management of existing Word of Life adult ministries:
Life Groups, Prayer Ministry, Men’s, Women’s, and Singles Ministries, as well as others.
This entails but is not limited to:
- Working with and mentoring adult ministry teams
- Connecting the adult ministries to Staff Leadership Team
- Encouraging our congregation to participate in ministries, grow in the Lord and disciple others
This position also includes:
- Planning and coordination of various church functions and other special events
- Assisting with counselling, teaching, visitations
- Officiating at weddings and funerals as needed
- General office administration
- Opportunity to use other God given passions
The candidate for this position must:
- Have an authentic, intimate, personal relationship with Jesus Christ
- Have a definite call to the pastoral ministry
- Be a person of integrity
- Possess a minimum of a three (3) year degree in Biblical Studies
- Have directly related experience in ministry of a congregation of comparable size
- Possess demonstrated management skills such as: excellent interpersonal, conflict resolution, and communication skills
- Have the demonstrated ability to work well with teams
- Have a teachable servant’s heart
- Familiarity with the culture of the community
- Experience in church governance/operations
We are aiming to fill this position by fall of 2009.
For more information, please see our church website found at www.wordoflifeniverville.com.
If interested in pursuing this ministry opportunity, please forward your resume and cover letter by email to email@example.com or mail: Word of Life Mission Church, Box 310, Niverville, MB. R0A 1E0