This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Student Ministries Pastor
Toledo, Ohio, United States
Date Posted: 06/03/2009
Categories: Youth Pastor
Denominations: Christian Missionary Alliance
Church Size: 1501 to 2000
Job Type: Full-Time
Westgate Chapel is a Christian and Missionary Alliance (C&MA) church located in Toledo, OH. We are seeking a full-time Junior High Pastor and a full-time Senior High Pastor.
These roles are primarily responsible for the ministry to students in 7th and 8th grade or 9th - 12th grade by planning, developing, implementing, and nurturing spiritually-based relationships and programmatic ministries for youth. The following is a range of responsibilities for this position, though they should not be seen as exclusive:
• Encourage the introduction to and assimilation of Jr. High and Sr. High students into the life of the congregation as active participants of the Westgate church family (including conversion, baptism, discipleship, membership, ministry involvement, youth leadership development, etc.).
• Develop multi-level Bible-based ministries that seek to address the spiritual needs of non-Christians, as well as deeply committed followers of Christ.
• Build spiritually-based relationships with students so they will be encouraged and challenged to grow spiritually and personally.
• Provide pastoral care, including counseling for youth and their family and friends as needed (and appropriate).
• Serve as the primary teacher for all facets of the Junior High or Senior High ministry; accepting overall responsibility for the doctrine and teaching students receive and delegating this responsibility as appropriate and necessary.
• Facilitate effective communication between youth, parents, adult volunteers and the larger Westgate community.
• Provide leadership, coaching, and direct supervision for paid Student Ministries staff, creating an environment for their spiritual growth and ministry development.
• Recruit, train, equip, and encourage adult volunteer staff and/or ministry leaders to serve in various areas of Student Ministries, seeing their growth and development as an important part of Student Ministries.
• Recruit, train, equip, and encourage youth in their involvement and/or leadership within the various areas of Student Ministries.
• Develop and implement an on-going evaluation process for the effectiveness of the Junior High or Senior High ministry.
• Develop and maintain competence in current youth needs and program strategies.
• Submit an annual strategic plan of proposed ministries and budgetary requirements to the Pastor of Christian Development. Additionally, accept financial oversight and responsibility for Jr. High or Sr.High activities, programs, and mission trips.
• Work with pastoral staff and other ministry leaders and volunteers, providing mutual support toward the harmonious functioning of all ministries to the glory of God.
• Is a born-again believer through faith in Jesus Christ, having made a personal profession of faith in Jesus Christ and has evidence of God’s call to student ministry.
• Lives consistently with and in commitment to the requirements of an Elder as set forth in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:6-9.
• Demonstrates a vital and growing relationship with Jesus Christ, is a person of prayer and the Word, and is a model of a Biblical pattern of life and leadership; possesses a heart for youth; demonstrates a love for God and His people.
• Shows evidence of control by the Holy Spirit in all aspects of personal life and in the ministry of Westgate Chapel.
• Possesses strong servant-leadership, relational, teaching, discipleship, and administrative skills.
• Is licensable by the Christian and Missionary Alliance and is in full agreement with the stated mission and purpose of the C&MA.
• Is in full agreement with the Doctrinal Statement of Westgate Chapel; supporting the Constitution and Bylaws of Westgate Chapel, evidencing commitment to the church’s stated mission and purpose.
• Bible School (or equivalent) training, having earned a Bachelor’s Degree in Youth Ministries (or equivalent) from an accredited school preferred.
• Previous experience in providing leadership in a Student Ministry, ministry design and implementation strongly desired.
• Experience in leading worship and /or leading multiple worship bands desired.
• Exhibits the fruit of the Spirit (Galatians 5:22-23).
• Is well-ordered and disciplined in his spiritual, personal, and family life; maintaining a fresh and vital personal prayer and devotional life as the basis for ministry; sustain active prayer for and care of people.
• Exhibits warmth, friendliness, empathy, and sincerity; possessing an outgoing and friendly nature.
• Is committed to local outreach, national and international missions.
Our purpose is to fulfill the Great Commission and the Great Commandment by leading people to Christ, nurturing them in their faith, equipping them for ministry, and deploying them in service for Christ in His world. Additional information can be found at www.westgatechapel.org and www.cmaalliance.org.
If interested in either position, please submit your resume to Andrea Kimura at firstname.lastname@example.org.