This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Johnson Ferry Baptist Church
Marietta, Georgia, United States
Date Posted: 06/02/2009
Categories: Children's Pastor
Denominations: Baptist --SBC
Church Size: 5001 to 7500
Job Type: Full-Time
Johnson Ferry Baptist Church, a large church in the North Atlanta, Georgia suburb of Marietta is seeking an experienced Preschool Minister. Johnson Ferry's Children's Ministry strives to provide a Biblical foundation for a lifetime relationship with God through Jesus Christ. Core values are built into the very heart of every children's program: To be more like Jesus, to have knowledge and love of God's Word, to be mission-minded, to be child-friendly, and to provide relationship building opportunities. Living a Christ-centered lifestyle with the ability to apply God's Word is Johnson Ferry's focus of teaching while providing a safe, secure, challenging and fun environment that is developmentally age appropriate.
PREREQUISITE EXPERIENCE: Must have 3-5 years of experience in a similar role for a church size having a weekly attendance over 2000.
JOB SUMMARY: Under the supervision of the Minister of Childhood Development organize, administer, and plan programs, ministries and special events for pre-natal through pre-first grade children.
* Plan, organize, administer and evaluate the educational program for the Preschool Ministry.
* Coordinate the various ministry activities for preschoolers and parents into a total program of Christian education (Sunday Bible Study, missions education, family nights, parent/teacher meetings, music, picnics etc.).
* Direct the selection, adoption, and implementation of curriculum consistent with the Church's objectives and policies.
* Lead in the developing and implementing of policies for the Preschool Ministry, which support the general policies and operations of the Church.
* Develop and administer a plan to discover, enlist, and train individuals to serve in the Preschool Ministry.
* Provide an ongoing training program for leaders in the preschool.
* Supervise a ministry to expectant parents and parents of newborns.
* Minister to members and family members who are in the hospital.
* Submit and monitor a Preschool Ministry Budget
* Stay updated with educational, legal, safety and healthcare issues effecting preschoolers.
* Additional duties as assigned by supervisor.
* Interpersonal, people skills
* Working knowledge of child development from birth to 5 years
* Administrative and organizational skills
* Leadership abilities
* Able to multi-task
* Able to delegate tasks and activities
* Computer literate
* Teachable spirit
Please submit resumes by email to firstname.lastname@example.org