This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Worship / Spiritual Growth Leader
Crossroad Community Church
Shelbyville, Indiana, United States
Date Posted: 06/01/2009
Categories: Worship Pastor
Church Size: 151 to 250
Job Type: Full-Time
OVERVIEW: The primary responsibilities for this position are centered around Worship and Spiritual Growth. First, this individual is to lead the congregation in expressing their love for God in corporate worship. This individual will lead the congregation in a combination of traditional and contemporary Christian music that is presented in such a way as to reach the wide range of ages and preferences represented in our church. Second, this individual is to lead people to connect with God and with each other for the sole purpose of growing in their maturity as a believer. This individual will actively pursue people to “connect” by encouraging them through the connection power ministry, growth groups ministry, men’s fellowship, women’s fellowship, Sunday School, and individual discipleship opportunities.
MINISTRY GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
1. Lead the church in worship.
2. Recruit, lead, and develop musicians and vocalists as part of the worship team.
3. Schedule and lead meetings with key individuals to discuss and plan worship services.
4. Develop, implement and oversee a path of assimilation for new people, regular attendees and members that enables them to establish meaningful relationships and an attachment to the church body as they grow spiritually and find their place to minister within the church.
5. Build a small team of people who will support and participate in the “connection” process described in #4.
6. Assist in other ministry duties as assigned by the Lead Pastor.
GENERAL PROFILE/BACKGROUND/SPIRITUAL PERSPECTIVE: We are looking for an individual who views the spiritual growth of God’s people as a primary target of his ministry whether it be through worship or “connecting” people.
OUR WORSHIP and SPIRITUAL GROWTH LEADER:
•Loves the Lord. Their ministry will involve personal heart hunger for the Lord and musicianship.
•Models meaningful ways of experiencing and expressing worship.
•Experienced and strong up-front presence to lead worship.
•Sees ‘worship’ as a daily walk with Jesus Christ impacting and affecting every part of our lives.
•Leads with a passion to see God manifest Himself powerfully in and through His people.
•Able to direct a varied congregation in worship… leading them into a lifestyle of personal worship.
•Leads people to connect with God, engage in worship and connect with people.
•Leads worship in a way that gets at the heart and soul of believers and brings them to the Lord in worship.
•Passionate about seeing people transition from “visitors” to enthusiastic, growing followers of Jesus Christ, who are using their gifts and abilities to serve Christ and build the Kingdom.