This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Kidz Ministry Pastor/Director
West Evangelical Free Church
Wichita, Kansas, United States
Date Posted: 05/30/2009
Categories: Children's Pastor
Denominations: Evangelical Free
Church Size: 501 to 750
Job Type: Full-Time
If you would like to apply for this position, please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can check out our church at www.westefc.org.
West Evangelical Free Church is looking for our Kidz Ministry Pastor/Director. We desire to reach west Wichita (city of 400,000) by daughtering Bible-teaching, life-changing churches in this area. If you would like to be a part of this exciting dream, read on and get in touch with us.
Kidz Ministry Pastor/Director Desired Characteristics
• Good organizational skills
• Warm and loving / welcoming (to people / children)
• Experience with children
• Good coach for parents
• Saved / know Christ / firm in faith
• Passion for the lost/ability to develop this in children that know Christ
• Flexible (with people)
• Works well with others
• Enthusiastic / Lot’s of energy / Self-starter
• Mature (respected by all ages) capable of mentoring
• Good fit with Major Ministry Staff
• Above reproach
• Unwavering- confident, not easily swayed
• Inspirational / Draws volunteers
• Team player
• Prayer warrior
• Must have character, competency, and capacity within the job
• Prefer experience of three or more years in Children’s ministry
• Prefer Bachelor degree in related field
• Possesses leadership skill with the ability to be a team player and vision cast
• Full agreement with Doctrinal Statement
1. Oversee and evaluate the contents of the programs, materials, curricula and events to ensure that they are biblically based and consistent with the Evangelical Free Church of America’s Statement of Faith
2. Support Mission, Method and Dream of West E. Free Church within Kidz' Ministry
3. Create and implement meaningful ways to assist and equip parents in the development of their kids into fully devoted followers of Christ
4. Oversee, encourage, train, recruit, equip, and evaluate Kidz Ministry staff and volunteers
5. Oversee and evaluate all Ministries for infants through 6th Grade, including but not limited to, Sunday School, Awana, MOPS, Kidz' Kamp, KidzFest, Children’s Church, Nursery
6. Develop and oversee annual budget
7. Provide regular written communication and reports to Senior Pastor, Elders, Business Meetings, Newsletters, etc.
8. Participate in ministry meetings as necessary
9. Actively participate in a supervisory role on Sunday mornings and Wednesday evenings
10. Continue to develop and sharpen ministry skills in all areas of Kidz Ministry through personal reading, networking and attendance at conference and training opportunities
11. Other duties as specified by the Senior Pastor
Senior Pastor who reports to the board of Elders.