This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Young Adult Pastor
Saint Mark Baptist Church
Little Rock, Arkansas, United States
Date Posted: 05/29/2009
Categories: College Pastor
Church Size: 7501 to 10000
Job Type: Full-Time
Principle Function: Responsible for the oversight of a comprehensive program of Christian Education for Young Adults. The Young Adult Pastor will also be responsible for creating a leadership development plan for the Young Adult population in the church.
Accountable to: Senior Pastor
Qualifications for the Position: Experience in leading a variety of programs for Young Adults. The ability to plan, organize, and supervise department, ministry and event leaders. This person must possess training and/or experience in spiritual, emotional, physical, and cognitive development of Young Adults. The ability to provide Christian counseling as needed.
Requirements of the Position:
1. Survey, set goals, and oversee the needs of the entire Young Adult Division. Keep the Senior Pastor informed on issues regarding this group.
2. Responsible for the creation, ongoing planning, coordination, implementation and evaluation of all ministries directly effecting the Young Adult population. This includes but is not limited to the Young Adult Sunday School Class, mid-week and weekend bible studies, College visits, and special events for Young Adults.
3. Responsible for the ongoing recruitment, training, development, encouragement and evaluation of all leaders within the Young Adult Division.
4. Responsible to provide, promote, and evaluate the ongoing programs for the retention of Young Adults at St. Mark. This includes building and maintaining relationships with colleges and other organizations that Young Adults are connected with in the St. Mark area of ministry.
5. Responsible for providing quality, contemporary, relevant teaching for the Young Adults within this ministry.
6. Provide a vehicle to maintain communication with the Youth of St. Mark that are attending college out of town or out of state.
7. Responsible for the oversight and implementation of the St. Mark Baptist Church Scholarship Program.
8. Responsible or maintaining an athletic ministry for Children and Youth and Young Adults of St. Mark.
9. Responsible for creating a Leadership Training Module for Young Adults that will identify, train, and place potential leaders in the ministry of St. Mark.
10. Perform other duties as assigned by the Senior Pastor.