Associate Pastor of Evangelism
Ministry Job Description
WHO WE ARE
Fellowship Chapel is a family of 300 believers who have faithfully served the Lord for over 40 years in Sterling Heights, Michigan. We desire to see all people come to know the goodness and grace of Jesus in our community, our country, and throughout the world. We are affiliated with the North American Baptist denomination.
We are currently on a five-year adventure to make 1000 new disciples, primarily, but not exclusively, in the 18 to 40 year old range. To help fulfill that vision, we are seeking an Associate Pastor of Evangelism to do the following:
1. He will develop a comprehensive outreach strategy to reach 18-40 year olds in our area for Jesus Christ including, but not limited to the following:
a. He will motivate, teach, and mobilize 18-40 year olds at Fellowship Chapel to do CPR, or Cultivating, Planting & Reaping, in the context of friendship evangelism. While this is a key value at Fellowship Chapel, the church is open to new ideas that would be effective in reaching our target audience.
b. He will be the lead pastor for our new “Encounter” worship service. This will involve stepping into the development, research, planning and execution of this new worship service, which targets 18-40 year old newer believers and seekers. This service is currently viewed as the primary strategy tool for achieving our outreach objectives.
c. He will be a part of a speaking team at Fellowship Chapel while maintaining primary speaking responsibility for the “Encounter” service.
d. He will organize and operate an on-going prayer-support network for this outreach ministry.
2. He will recruit and develop a leadership team to help fulfill the vision and responsibilities of this job description. This evangelism leadership team will be made up of Fellowship members, primarily 18-40 years old. (They must have the capacity to help the Evangelism Pastor accomplish the objectives, strategies and goals that he will develop to execute his job description.)
3. He will liaison with the Children’s Ministry Administrator, Youth Pastor and partnering churches in cooperative outreach programs in order to maximize all church evangelistic efforts to achieve our vision goal of 1000 new disciples in the next five years. NOTE: Fellowship Chapel currently has several ongoing partnerships with churches from Detroit’s inner city as well as other churches from the North American Baptist denomination.
MEASURABLE GOALS TO BE ACHIEVED IN THE FIRST YEAR
1. To recruit and develop an evangelism leadership team
2. To develop a comprehensive outreach strategy
3. To start the “Encounter” worship service
1. Has the spiritual gifts of Evangelism, Leadership, Vision/Faith, Teaching, Prophecy (preaching)
2. Has a Masters of Divinity or equivalent
3. Has a theology consistent with Fellowship Chapel’s Statement of Faith
4. Has demonstrated effective evangelism skills in the 18-40 year old target audience.
5. Has demonstrated strong team-building skills.
6. Has demonstrated the ability to be a team player using interpersonal bridge-building skills
7. Has demonstrated the capacity to work with and lead people with a wide range of gifts, strengths, personalities and passions.
8. Has an ability to articulate a biblical message in such a way that it connects with the lives of young adult listeners, inspiring them to invite their non-believing friends to the “Encounter” service.
ACCOUNTABILITY & REPORTING
1. The Associate Pastor of Evangelism shall report to the Senior Minister and is expected to give updates to the Elder Board on a regular basis on the progress of his ministries, as required by Fellowship Chapel’s constitution.
1. The compensation will be for a full time Associate Pastor position commensurate with education, experience and salaries in our area.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Associate PastorThe Bridge Church
- St. Francis, Minnesota
- January 23
Executive PastorThe Meeting House
- Carlisle, Pennsylvania
- January 23
Associate PastorPeace Lutheran Church
- Hazen, North Dakota
- January 22
Associate Pastor - 1738MinisterSearch
- Beautiful Boston suburb, Massachusetts
- January 20
Pastor of Life DevelopmentCrosswinds Church
- Oronoco, Minnesota
- January 19
Fellowship Chapel is a family of 300 believers who have faithfully served the Lord for over 40 years in Sterling Heights, Michigan. We desire to see all people come to know the goodness and grace of Jesus in our community, our country, and throughout the world. We are affiliated with the North American Baptist denomination. We are currently on a five-year adventure to make 1000 new disciples, primarily, but not exclusively, in the 18 to 40 year old range. To help fulfill that vision, we are seeking an Associate Pastor of Evangelism. More...