This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Tabernacle Church of Norfolk
Norfolk, Virginia, United States
Date Posted: 05/28/2009
Categories: Associate Pastor
Church Size: 751 to 1000
Job Type: Full-Time
The Pastor’s primary responsibilities will be to continually discern the spiritual needs of the adults in the church family, and then to develop a comprehensive discipleship strategy, whereby all adults, regardless of age, gender, background or spiritual maturity can be advanced in their relationship with Christ. The aim shall be to achieve genuine spiritual transformation in the lives of believers and equip them to perpetuate this process in the lives of others.
He shall have direct oversight of the Adult Teaching Ministry, Small Groups, Men’s and Women’s Ministry, Recovery Ministry, and Senior Adult Ministry. Oversight of these ministries shall encompass all aspects of ministry leadership including, but not limited to:
• Developing a philosophy, vision and strategy for each ministry
• Recruiting, developing and mobilizing ministry leaders
• Recognizing the unique passions and gifts of individuals and working to guide them into ministry opportunities that optimize their effectiveness
• Regularly monitoring ministry and volunteer effectiveness and growth
• Recommending and managing ministry budget and schedule
• Developing new discipleship ministries as deemed necessary in collaboration with the senior pastor and elders.