This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Calvary Baptist Church
Canton, Michigan, United States
Date Posted: 05/27/2009
Categories: Teaching Pastor
Church Size: 751 to 1000
Job Type: Full-Time
We are seeking God's guidance as we search for a vibrant, Christ-filled teacher of God's word who thrives in a team-oriented working environment. Qualified candidates should be able to exposit the Bible with excellence, practicality and creativity with an ability to communicate effectively to a family-oriented congregation. This person will be a member of our Board of Elders which will be instrumental in planning for the future of Calvary Baptist Church.
Key Job Responsibilities:
1. Preach, teach the word of God passionately conveying its truth in an uncompromising but loving manner which results in changed lives consistent with Romans 12: 7-8
2. Shepherd the congregation towards continuous growth in maturity and depth of their relationship with God resulting in lives that are changed and impacting others for Him
3. Serve as an Elder of CBC church, including all responsibilities of an Elder as described in the constitution and passion for participation in a shared lay / vocational Elder led leadership model for the Church
4. In cooperation with the Elders and ministry leaders develop an overall spiritual teaching plan for the church
5. Strategize with Elders and ministry leaders to create and maintain high emphasis on evangelism and missions focus
1. Meets the biblical requirements of an Elder (I Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:6-9)
2. Has a shepherd's heart and a desire to lead consistent with 1 Peter 5:1-5
3. Wholeheartedly supports CBC constitution and statement of faith
4. Strong grasp of Scripture, apologetics, and expository preaching drawn from personal life, previous pastoral experiences and education.
5. Demonstrated ability to utilize creative elements to connect, relay God's truth within an integrated leadership team
6. Minimum Master degree, with Master of Divinity preferred
For more information, contact information and an application form, see "Job Opportunities" link at: