This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Assistant Technical Director
Sherwood Oaks Christian Church
Bloomington, Indiana, United States
Date Posted: 05/22/2009
Denominations: Christian Church
Church Size: 2501 to 3000
Job Type: Full-Time
The Assistant Technical Director is a part of the Media Ministry team at Sherwood Oaks Christian Church. As such, this position serves as the co-leader for the audio/video/lighting aspects of SOCC and is one of the liaisons between the Media and Worship staff, church administration, media volunteers and event/program planners. It is the Assistant Technical Director’s responsibility to see that the media ministry is of highest possible quality. Above all, the overall mission of the Assistant Technical Director is to create an atmosphere that is conducive to worship and good communication.
1. Build a team of volunteers to serve in various roles in the Media Ministry. This will include, but not be limited to:
• building and leading a team of audio/video/lighting volunteers who will develop and implement a shared vision for media at SOCC.
• providing specific training on professional equipment on an ongoing basis.
• training other SOCC ministry areas to run technical systems for their programming.
• monitoring volunteer workload and protecting them from overuse.
2. Plan, organize, lead, and implement the use of media technology in worship. This is not only in support of a worship experience, but is to be an integral piece of the worship experience. This will include, but not be limited to:
• creating an environment that actively enhances the worship experience.
• overseeing the implementation of media technologies for services and events to ensure high quality and limit distractions.
• serving as a decision maker for media and technology applications for worship and large venue events.
• maintaining equipment for service and security.
Schedule: This position will require some evening and weekend work to support various events and functions. Current weekly schedule includes covering all Sunday morning services and Thursday night rehearsals as needed. The Assistant Technical Director will also be responsible for working out schedules with the Technical Director to make sure media team members cover all events. Both the Technical Director and Assistant Technical Direct will have two Thursday nights off a month and one Sunday off every two months. (schedule is subject to change, but changes will be planned in advance).
Job Tasks (a partial list):
• Lighting at weekend services and Worship Center/Fellowship Hall events
• Sound at weekend services and Worship Center/Fellowship Hall events
• Responsible for setup/tear down at weekend services and Worship events
• Leads in training and scheduling volunteers for the above
• Leads Broadcast/CD ministry
• Provide training and support to facilities staff for small venue setup
• oversee volunteers in audio/video/lighting as they run the weekend services
• run audio/video/lighting systems as equipment as needed
Candidate should have a bachelors degree in media technology or related field or a minimum of 2 years experience in technical ministries. Candidate should also have a committed and growing relationship with Jesus Christ. Experience with large and small format Yamaha digital/analog audio consoles, MA lighting consoles and Martin moving lights is a plus!
Please email a copy of your resume or digital resume to be considered for this position.