This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Pastor For Discipleship and Pastoral Care
Reynolda Presbyterian Church
Winston-Salem, North Carolina, United States
Date Posted: 05/21/2009
Categories: Associate Pastor
Church Size: 751 to 1000
Job Type: Full-Time
Reynolda Church, EPC
Discipleship and Pastoral Care
Duties and Responsibilities
1) Recruit, train and develop small group leaders. Working with the Small Groups Coordinator, the Associate Pastor will inspire small group leaders to greatness and will help lead Reynolda into a superior small group ministry that helps people at all levels of spiritual maturity to grow deeper in Christ.
2) Become the Lead Pastor in all areas related to Pastoral Care (includes the Deacon CareNet ministry, crisis ministry, hospital visitation, funerals, and weddings) and share these duties with the other pastors of the church.
3) Work with the Ministry Purpose Area Leader (PAL) to develop and nurture support groups and their leaders by providing direction and pastoral expertise.
4) Provide church leadership on behalf of the Senior Pastor in his absence.
5) Attend regular meetings of the church as requested by the Senior Pastor, including but not limited to Session Meetings (3rd Thursday night) and the PAL/staff Meetings (weekly).
6) In conjunction with the PALs and Staff, be involved in all budget and planning activities.
7) Share in teaching/ training roles in the School of Discipleship courses (Wednesday night training programs) as is helpful to the fulfillment of this job description or as directed by the Senior Pastor.
Small Group Coordinator
Adult Discipleship Coordinator
Salary and Benefits:
Salary will be commensurate with training and experience. Benefits will be in accordance with established policies of the church.