This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Minister of Children/Preschool
Katy, Texas, United States
Date Posted: 05/20/2009
Categories: Children's Pastor
Denominations: Baptist --SBC
Church Size: 751 to 1000
Job Type: Full-Time
FOR IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION, PLEASE SEND YOUR RESUME TO: email@example.com
FBC, Katy is in one of the fastest-growing area of the United States. We are seeking an experienced Children’s Ministers to lead our children’s and preschool ministry. This position is responsible for developing, implementing and promoting a children’s ministry involving education and activities for children and the families of children between the age groups of first grade through sixth grade to reach the church body and the community for purposes of salvation, spiritual growth and family enrichment. The Preschool portion of the job would encompass birth through Kindergarten.
Initially we considered a combination position but we have determined that we will hire a preschool minister and a children's minister.
Primary responsibilities include:
• Assist the Minister of Education in establishing goals and objectives for the ministry and initiate strategies to fulfill them
• Plan and promote activities to support the Children’s and Preschool Ministry strategies and supervise the communication of these activities to other staff members and the congregation as appropriate
• Enlist and train servants for children’s and preschool ministries and special programs.
• Ensure that all servants (paid and volunteer) understand and adhere to the Child Protection policies
• Supervise and coordinate work with Children’s Ministry servants
• Assist in the preparation and management of the budget for the Children’s Ministry.
• Interface with specific ministry teams that support the Children’s Ministry.
• Plan and conduct leadership training
• Assist other ministers as necessary in the successful completion of regular worship events and special events
• Evaluate and order materials, curriculum and resources for various children’s and preschool program needs
• Perform administrative duties such as compiling reports, preparing expense reports and completing purchasing orders, as required
• Make recommendations as to the use of the church buildings and property
• Purchase supplies and equipment and oversee the use and maintenance of all equipment and supplies used by the ministry including set up, break down and proper operation
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Minister of Education
Qualifications:• Proven track record • Bachelor’s degree or equivalent; and three to five years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Please submit resumes as follows: Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or mail to: FBC, Katy, Attn: Ed Jent, 600 Pin Oak Road, Katy, Texas 77494
Online applications will not be considered. Please e-mail them.