This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Director of Financial Services
Northwest Bible Church
Dallas, Texas, United States
Date Posted: 05/19/2009
Denominations: Bible Church
Church Size: 101 to 150
Job Type: Full-Time
Please send your resume to: Tina Johnson at: email@example.com or fax: 214-265-1609.
Title: Director of Financial Services
Reports To: Minister of Administration
Works with: All Ministerial, Professional, and Support Staff; Finance Committee
Supervises: Financial bookkeeping and processing staff
Scope: To direct the financial operations of the church according to professional standards, established policies and procedures, and legal responsibilities.
MINISTRY DEVELOPMENT (85%)
• Direct the entire financial operation of the church. Develop financial policy and procedure. Ensure that fiscal accountability is maintained and that all financial matters are above reproach. Coordinate the annual financial audit and assist the audit review committee as needed.
• Direct and oversee the financial process, serving where needed to ensure control, quality, and proper reporting. Responsibilities include: invoice approval, check signing, on-line payments, cash management, deposit review, non-cash donation processing, account and fund structure, restricted funds management, account adjustments, payroll oversight, monthly leadership reports, and review of all accounts payable, contributions, payroll and general ledger reports.
• Lead and direct the financial bookkeeping and processing team. Provide supervisory support including performance appraisals and salary administration. Ensure that all team members are functioning effectively and efficiently.
• Direct the budget development process for the General Fund.
• Solve problems wherever they occur in the financial process. Meet with individual staff members regularly to discuss financial questions and reports.
• Handle special financial projects, reports, and requests as needed to improve financial efficiency, provide information and analysis, alert of potential problems, and provide the proper evaluation of the church financial state.
• Plan and oversee the individual budgets for the financial services department.
• Direct the accounting for the Defined Benefit Retirement Plan and provide reports to the Trustees as needed.
LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT (5%)
• Serve on the Finance Committee and mentor/encourage committee members.
PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT (5%)
• Read journals and attend meetings and conferences for information, training and enrichment.
• Attend administration department meetings, staff lunches and other events as a member of the church professional staff.
NOTE: Must have previous professional financial operations experience.