This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Student Life Pastor
Mountain Springs Church
Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States
Date Posted: 05/18/2009
Categories: Youth Pastor
Church Size: 3001 to 4000
Job Type: Full-Time
The Student Life Pastor is offered the opportunity to join a fast-paced team of servant-leaders at Mountain Springs Church in providing pastoral leadership, oversight, vision and direction to the Students of MSC. The objective of the role is to lead all of our students into becoming fully devoted followers of Christ. This individual is responsible for supervision of all Student Life staff and volunteers in close collaboration with the other Pastors and lay volunteers they support. The role contributes to the development and implementation of vibrant student life at MSC.
MSC values each employee and the important role they fill on staff. We recognize that it is God who builds the staff team of our church and fully rely on Him to bring us the right person for any job. They must be a mature believer in the Lord and have the ability to handle stress and a busy, fast-paced environment with winsomeness and confidentiality. They must, above all, enjoy being part of a growing and dynamic ministry team. The Student Life Pastor abides by and actively supports the vision, mission, values, policies, and procedures of MSC. Included in this position description are the essential functions required.
(This is a salaried position and overtime exempt)
POSITION QUALIFICATIONS & DISTINCTIVES:
The successful candidate must have the following education and experience:
Minimum Education: B.A. Degree
Minimum Experience: At least 3 years experience serving in the capacity of Student Life Pastor* in a congregation similar in style and size of MSC
(*or a similar Youth Pastor/Young Adult Pastor role)
Direct supervision received: Executive Pastor
Direct supervision exercised: All Student Life paid and volunteer staff, Support Staff as assigned
Natural Skills, Abilities & Passion:
• Passion and obvious love for God
• A life distinguished by humility
• Strong passion for ministry to youth
• Strong pastoral and leadership gifting
• A global perspective on the body of Christ expressed through a love for missions
• Great awareness in the need of delegation and broad experience in doing so
• Desire and matching capacity to develop young leaders
• Excellent honed teaching and general communication skills
• Interpersonal awareness and developed people skills
• Excellent knowledge and experience in leading student life program elements
• Great insight into creating and sustaining a healthy ministry environment
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and make healthy decisions under stress
• Long-term strategic planning and short-term project management
• Managing others while working within a growing and changing Church culture
• Enjoy working collaboratively and within a dynamic team
• A demonstrated interest in new youth ministry techniques and technologies
POSITION FOCUS & NEEDS:
We believe that the universal-Church exists to bring glory and honor to Jesus Christ. We desire that each individual, regardless of age (I Timothy 4:12), would experience Christ in his or her heart, that they would come to realize the wonderful adventure of being a disciple of Jesus and having an authentic relationship with Him.
Our Student Life Pastor facilitates this desire by equipping a new generation of God’s servants by sowing and nurturing deep and long-lasting relationships with God and others; assisting in the growth of MSC youth into young men and women of faith, encouraging and equipping them to walk intimately with God through studying God’s word, prayer and serving others both locally and on the mission field; and purposefully living a life of adventure and joy which God has called each one to do. In addition, the Student Life Pastor will lead in providing:
1.) A Safe Community where our youth can develop friendships with other believers and ultimately help prepare them both spiritually and emotionally for the next stages of their lives.
2.) A Serving Community where our youth can dive into the missional-work of Jesus through impacting their local and trans-local communities for the Kingdom of God.
3.) A Supportive Community where we provide practical and spiritual support to the Godly role of the parent.
1. Provide pastoral covering and headship to the 350 students in our Student Life Ministry.
2. Oversee and develop the full scope of leadership development; identification, recruitment, delegation, deployment, and coaching. MSC currently has 50 youth leadership volunteer staff.
3. Understanding the staffing structure and organizational management needed to facilitate a growing youth ministry.
4. Be the primary expositional teaching voice in the Elevate program. Assist in setting teaching direction and content in Middle School (Accelerate).
5. Expand the relevant weekly spiritual gatherings that involve dynamic Bible teaching, Christ-centered Worship, and relational opportunity.
6. Plan and execute events that foster and facilitate honest and open fun relationships.
7. Plan and execute the annual snow retreat called Avalanche.
8. In collaboration with the other Pastoral Staff, provide excellent annual local and trans-local mission opportunities to our students and their families.
9. Build upon the integration of all family-centered ministries at MSC.
10. Counsel students and families, in partnership with the Family Life Ministry, through hard seasons in their lives.
11. Work with Children’s Life Pastor and Family Life Pastor to build a multi-generational ministry
12. Development of quarterly and annual ministry plans and analysis
13. Development of annual operational budget for Student Life ministry