The major purpose and responsibility of the Worship Pastor Intern is to support the Senior Pastor by providing leadership to all worship ministries associated within department in order to present a breathtaking worship experience in the African American tradition and to create a dynamic culture of excitement and expectancy inside the sanctuary by setting the atmosphere as the congregation prepares their minds for the word of God. The Worship Pastor Intern also develops and directs all liturgy for children, youth and adult worship services. A successful candidate may be offered a permanent position within 18 months.
-Pray for Senior Pastor, ministerial and administrative staff and Church family.
-Regularly attended Sunday worship service.
-Be early and prepared for all worship services and scheduled meetings.
- Disciple at least 6 worshippers a year.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Senior Pastor.
- Dynamically lead a contemporary worship service that engages people to invoke the presence of GOD.
- Prepare weekly worship script for all services.
- Plan, oversee, and evaluate the entire worship experience from parking lot to parking lot.
- Plan, oversee, and evaluate all special worship related events.
- Bring the worship script to life every week.
- Manage all praise teams, choirs, dancers, musicians, etc.
- Research video and background concepts for media.
- Hold planning meetings with all worship related ministries (media, sound, dancers, intercessors, connection partner ministries).
- Conduct extensive rehearsals for all worship related ministries.
- Be able to sing, play or teach worship areas.
- Be able to develop ministries under this position (leadership development).
- Be able to book talent, speakers and artists for worship activities.
- Be able to conduct rehearsals and walk thru for worship services.
- Be able to plan and manage the church calendar for worship related activities.
- Oversee the church calendar with focus on worship integration with THE WORD.
- Oversee the worship service checklist are completed prior to every service.
- Supervise all worship paid and volunteer staff.
- Recruit, nurture, and train all Ministry workers.
- Develop and administer budgets for Worship Ministries, including youth and children.
- Provide training, seminars and other developmental programs to enhance leadership.
- Facilitate Worship Ministries through the following channels: All choirs and praise teams, All bands, Drama Ministry, Dance Ministries and parking lot, greeters, ushers, intercessors, a/v team.
- Must be a worshipper and demonstrate a lifestyle committed to gaining exposure in all genres of worship.
- Must demonstrate the ability to clearly embrace the style of worship expected, gain exposure from various resources, interpret the Pastor’s vision, integrate it into our worship experience.
- Must be a disciple of the Tabernacle in good standing who supports the financial obligations of the church through tithe and offerings.
- Ability to establish and foster exemplary relationships with Staff/non-staff workers, church membership, business partners and community at large.
- Ability to lead, teach and coach others.
- Desire to continuously learn and serve others.
- Able to keep confidentiality.
- Has a growing and deepening walk with Christ, exemplified by a life of obedience, integrity and example.
- Professional work ethic, a spirit of excellence and high standards of quality.
- Self-starter needing a minimum of supervision and a person who gets results.
- Bible College and/or at least two years seminary preferred.
- At least five years prior experience as a building superintendent, commercial cleaner, or facilities manager.
- Ability to multi-task, meet deadlines and maintain composure under pressure.
- Has demonstrated the gifts of leadership and preaching.
- Must possess the following skills: strategic planning, verbal and written communication, motivation, media research, event planning, administration, conflict resolution, multitasking, and project management.
- Must possess a gentle and humble spirit and be willing to grow and be taught.