This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Morristown, New Jersey, United States
Date Posted: 05/17/2009
Categories: Worship Pastor
Church Size: 1501 to 2000
Job Type: Full-Time
Liquid Church is a creative Christian church with a compelling vision-- we take church to the people! With campuses in Morristown & New Brunswick, over 1,700 people experience our live services every weekend. As one of NJ's fastest-growing Christian churches, we're looking for exceptional leaders to grow with us in the adventure ahead.
Do you have a passion to see God change lives? Do you relish the thought of joining a talented team of next generation leaders that's making a massive difference for Christ? If so, you may be our kind of person!
If you're convinced you're the right person for a Job Opportunity listed below, send us your resume and convince us (firstname.lastname@example.org). Bonus points if you include a DVD, video or website link demonstrating yo' skillz.
What if John Maxwell could sing like John Mayer?
1) He’d repent for “Your Body is a Wonderland”
2) He’d go to heaven
3) He would work at Liquid Church
We’re looking for a high-capacity Musician, Singer, & Leader to be our Worship Pastor—responsible for mentoring campus worship leaders, recruiting talent, & casting churchwide vision.
• A gifted musician & vocalist
• A natural communicator onstage & off
• Passionate about using Music & Media to reach people for Christ
• A fan of NYC & East Coast flava
• Pastor a team of other worship leaders & musicians
• Lead weekly worship services— both live & for broadcast
• Create the 3-year vision for “the next level” of Liquid worship
• Teach a multisite flock what it means to rock!
• Love collaborating—not competing-- with other talented creatives
• Recruit, inspire, & lead volunteer teams
• Push the envelope under pressure
• Recall fondly the first time you heard “Livin’ on a Prayer”
• At least 5 years track record of proven music leadership in a church of 500+ or comparable environment
• Leadership gifts that attract & inspire others
• A left-brain that matches your right (gotta be organized)
• A “take no prisoners” attitude every Sunday
• What’s hot & what’s not musically—both Christian AND secular
• How to update old classics & compose originals
• How to reach Skeptics & teach Believers
• How to feed yourself—spiritually & musically—and train other artists to do the same