This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Children & Youth Pastor
Harvard Avenue Evangelical Free Church
Villa Park, Illinois, United States
Date Posted: 05/14/2009
Categories: Youth Pastor
Denominations: Evangelical Free
Church Size: 101 to 150
Job Type: Full-Time
Children and Youth Pastor Job Description
Harvard Avenue Evangelical Free Church is a church focused on the following core values:
· We are about internal transformation.
· We are about community relevance.
· We are about touching broken people.
· We are about authentic living.
· We are about sacred serving.
Harvard Avenue Evangelical Free Church is looking for an experienced Children and Youth Pastor to provide leadership for its existing children and youth ministries. The ideal candidate would demonstrate his love for Jesus, leading by example, taking a personal interest in the lives of Harvard Avenue’s children and youth while sheparding the volunteer leaders. We are looking for a candidate that longs to see continual growth in children and youth, and is excited to see them mature and step into leadership within the local church. The candidate will take personal leadership of the High School Youth Ministry, and organize the rest of the children and youth ministries.
1. Have a growing and vibrant personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
2. Possess a passion and giftedness for ministering to children and youth, with a deep desire to see them come to a saving faith through our Lord Jesus, or continuing to live out that faith in their daily lives.
3. Previous experience working with youth and training youth leaders not required, but preferred.
4. Have an educational background in biblical teaching or youth work. Masters of Divinity not required, but preferred.
5. Willing to pursue licensing and ordination within the Evangelical Free Church.
1. Organize and grow the Children and Youth Ministries at Harvard Avenue Evangelical Free Church, with children’s ages ranging from birth to eighteen!
2. Provide leadership to the Children and Youth Team, setting direction and providing training to the lay leaders already serving in the church. Recruit, supervise, and lead volunteer youth workers.
3. Be involved in the children’s lives, teaching and mentoring the youth of Harvard Avenue both in and out of traditional ministry settings.
4. Personally lead the Wednesday night and Sunday morning High School Youth Ministry.
5. Plan and oversee periodic events / trips for the Children and Youth Ministries.
6. Maintain effective communication with parents, students, and lay workers regarding Children and Youth Ministry events.
7. Participate in the leadership of the church by attending Team Leaders meetings and monthly Elder Board meetings.
Please send resumes to Harvard Avenue Evangelical Free Church
Attn: Children and Youth Pastor Position
206 W. St. Charles Rd.
Villa Park, IL 60181