This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Director/Pastor of Children and Families
Tallahassee, Florida, United States
Date Posted: 10/19/2009
Categories: Children's Pastor
Church Size: 351 to 500
Job Type: Full-Time
E3 Director of Children and Families Job Description
Church Name: Element3 Church
Job Title: Director/Pastor of Children and Families
Department: Discipleship – Children and Families
Reports to: Pastor of Spiritual Transformation
The church is currently around 500 in attendance on a Sunday with around 60 kids. We are looking for someone who can take our children and family ministry to the next level. In the next year we would like to see our E3kids’ attendance grow to an average of 120 kids on Sundays, and solid volunteer staff, and a dynamic ministry to families.
• Prepare weekly curriculum and teaching supplies for the teachers of each class.
• Facilitate/coordinate children’s ministry for Sunday mornings at the 9:30am and 11:00am gatherings.
• Train teachers and volunteers.
• Make monthly schedule of teachers and volunteers.
• Facilitate quarterly volunteer meetings to encourage, appreciate and communicate vision and expectations.
• Plan family friendly community events on a monthly and seasonal basis.
• Plan and facilitate monthly Parent Discussion Group.
• Help parents through encouragement, counseling and providing access to resources, by which, they can grow in their understanding of God's call on their lives and how to excel in their roles.
You may be asked to perform duties outside of these normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
(Please copy and list these questions on your cover letter or resume and indicate a 'yes' or 'no' for each.)
• Experience with large (100+) children’s ministry or organization
• Large Church (500+ attendance) experience
• Experience teaching in a large group setting
• Solid Biblical Knowledge and application
• Experience planning and executing children and family events
• Experience leading and managing volunteers
• Proven track record of growing a children’s ministry
• Ability to work in a decentralized environment
• Entrepreneurial spirit
-Basic computer knowledge
-Give wise counsel and listen
This is a full time position.
If you would like to apply for this position please send a cover letter, resume, and statement of faith to:
Attn. Lori Green
3540 Mahan Dr.
Tallahassee, FL 32312